theark

Camera to monitor inside of RV

I’m new to this, I’m trying to find a camera to monitor my pups inside the RV while out for a few hrs.  I have a Amcrest camera for home and it works great.  I did get a 2nd one for the RV, BUT need to be able to set it up to the campground WiFi, which I have to plug the cable in for set up so I guess it won’t work.  Anyone have any ideas.

Check out FMCA's MiFi Service by Verizon. You can have it on in the coach all the time and your camera can be on full time so you can monitor the pups.

Herman 

Ring comes to mind. I have their system here at the S&B and it works well.  You do need wifi service though. Their cameras are great with a wide field of view. Set up the app on your mobile phone and monitor away...

It would be better to have a dedicated wifi if you travel around a lot.  Setting up the devices with campground wifi could  be unsettling to say the least, and then there are those CG's that have weak wifi or none at all. Herman gave good advise and there are other services out there.

We use D-Link Wi-Fi cameras, works with any wifI connection, download the app to your phone, se,t it up with your phone we have six cameras and can control any or all from the same app. Cost about $50.00 per camera.

Yes, I have a D-Link also but it still needs a WiFi connection.  D-Link is a good camera and if you get the right one you can swivel it remotely for other views of the MH.  If the WiFi is the phone Hot Spot then it will not work when you are away from the MH as the Hot Spot will be out of range.  A dedicated WiFi/MiFi is needed to access cameras.

The Verizom jet pack is a wifi unit. It is what I used both at the house(all metal building),and in the coach. It is plugged in an turned on 24/7. Just move it between the two.

Herman 

On 5/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, hermanmullins said:

Yes Wayne, the Verizon Jet Pack is like having a Land line router for your internet. I have had 4 different computers on it at the same time.

Herman

I'm curious, as I have the Verizon Jetpack, too, and have 10G of bandwidth... but I have no idea if that's enough, too much, or just right... if I needed to increase, I assume I can increase that? I haven't had occasion yet to use it, so still unfamiliar...

Edited by OBIWAN_CANOLI
Clarity

2 hours ago, OBIWAN_CANOLI said:

I'm curious, as I have the Verizon Jetpack, too, and have 10G of bandwidth... but I have no idea if that's enough, too much, or just right... if I needed to increase, I assume I can increase that? I haven't had occasion yet to use it, so still unfamiliar...

Depends on what you want to do with it as to how much bandwidth you will need. Video streaming, especially in HD takes a lot of bandwidth, checking the internet 10 times a day and short messages takes very little. A wifi camera can be set up to use a very small amount if you limit frames per second to 4 to 6, a whole lot more if you allow 60 fps. You can log into the jetpack at any given moment to see how much has been used since last billing, then figure how to use more or less to get the most per month without going over your limits.

I have a couple of motion detector Ring Stick-up cameras and they work great.  Only time they access the internet is if there is motion and then it notifies you.  They are table top or wall mounted.  Nice feature about the table top is that you can move it anywhere so in a motorhome you could set it so it only sees motion at the door but if you want to see the dogs walking by, that could be in the "zone" also.