Sign in to follow this  
markgrabowski

Flat tow question 2019 Lincoln Nautilus

I verified they needed a 2.7l FWD model that Lincoln recommends for four wheel down flat towing.

The customer is having trouble keeping the manual parking brake release “released”.

We have all read the owner’s manuals and supplements that followed but seek the real world experience of someone he can talk to.

If you or anyone you know has successfully flat towed the Lincoln Nautilus 4 wheel down please call me at 817/596-0049. My name is Mark. 

not knowing where you live I did not want to call and wake you up.  I have made down payment on 2019 Lincoln Nautilus, 2.7 L engine, Front wheel drive, for towing behind motorhome.  Contacted Lincoln customer service, they said no flat tow.  FMCA magazine says OK.  I would appreciate any help you can provide regarding this car.  I understand the park release system.  Thank you in advance for any help.  Gary Rankin

Grankin, I would welcome you to the Forum but I see you have been a Forum member for 12 years. Happy to hear from you.

The information FMCA has on their Towing Guide comes from the Manufacturer. I would contact Ford Motor Company's customer service. Most dealer's customer service will give you and answer that will protect them therefore no is their safest answer. They may be correct but I would confirm it with the factory.

Herman

Download it from the Ford website.https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2019-Lincoln-Nautilus-Owners-Manual-version-3_om_EN-US_03_2019.pdf

It states on page 277, Quote:"Recreational Towing, You cannot recreational tow your vehicle with all wheels on the ground because vehicle or transmission damage may occur.We recommend towing your vehicle with all four wheels off the ground such as when using a car-hauling trailer. Otherwise, you cannot recreational tow your vehicle."

I'm sorry to bear the bad news to you both.

Edited by rayin

I'm sorry to bear the bad news to you both.

I would consider that good news that you come bearing.  It no doubt saves thousands of dollars to know that news and prevent one from learning the truth the hard way.  Truth is always good news.  May be disappointing but always seek the truth.