jzeman17

Icemaker..repair/replace??

Looking for some advice or suggestions pertaining to our icemaker. Recently narrowed the icemaker as the problem of the breaker tripping.

If repair...would appreciate some leads for troubleshooting, I have searched the internet and have not found any info for this.

If replace is the only option then I will try and track one down.....2006 40' Beaver Montrerey...Dometic frig

Thanks for any assistance...

JZ

JZeman17,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Assume this is a stand alone ice maker-- please verify. What brand ice maker do you have?  And, if you can post the model number that will help as well.

JZ, are speaking of the icemaker in your Dometic refrigerator or stand alone.

If it is in you refrigerator I would replace it. It is 14 years old and is most likely cored. My suggestion is to pull it and take it to a refrigerator service center and they can match it up. This is what I did in our old nevercool before we replaced it for a residential. 

Herman 

15908680901904961661283093401240.thumb.jpg.2bd71ecb924d3573b4b77b575c23b125.jpgThank you to both of you gentlemen for responding:

Wolfe 10: here are some pics with information about the icemaker .

1590867971818344415486054200035.thumb.jpg.8b5dc1a7acd1b08cd2799c6dd07fa2c5.jpg

Herman your remedy may be the only option I have....lol.   Hopefully I will be able to find a compatible unit to fit the space.

The Kenmore ice maker M1 SA8868 is manufactured by Frigidaire for use in Kenmore refrigerators and others. The equivalent Frigidaire part number is 241798224. Look on Amazon.

Bill

Perhaps the wiring diagram might help, sorry it came through so small.  And this pdf for testing the ice maker: Wildbill is right, I bought one off Amazon for $40. I drilled a small hole in the white cover so I could adjust cube size without removing the ice maker in my Norcold 1200LRIM.

ice maker wiring Diagram.jpg