wizard749

Michelin XCOACHZ TIRES

I am looking to put new tires on my coach. 295/80r22.5. I have a recommendation from a friend on the Michelin XcoachZ tires. They seem to be good. Anyone have answers?

wizard749,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

That is a fairly new tire design, so I doubt many have any experience with them.

Have you asked Michelin for their thoughts on whether it would be their recommendation for your coach?

Michelin 866-866-6605

I did talk to Michelin. They said the tire has a 154/150M rating vs the old XZA has a 152/148L rating. They talked about the new coach tire has Inifinicoil that wraps a round and around 400m to reinforce the tire for better gas mileage an stronger sidewall. The more I look online at the tire I think it looks good.

I'm not in the market for tires, but looked around the internet.  One site said the 315s retail/sale prices were $1,466/905 and another site had 295s for $902.  Unless you are set on Michelins, I'd look around.  There are lots of good tires out there for half what they want for these Michelins.

The 295/80r22.5 is what came on my coach. Hankook does not have this size. They have 295/75. Toyo has the right size and the price is pretty good. Michelin X COACH HL Z price from FMCA IS $920 per and my local Michelin Truck Tire is offering $800 per.

The 295/80r22.5 is what came on my coach. Hankook does not have this size. They have 295/75. Toyo has the right size and the price is pretty good. Michelin X COACH HL Z price from FMCA IS $920 per and my local Michelin Truck Tire is offering $800 per.

I just heard from Michelin they say the sidewall cracking on my 4 year old tires is a problem. They are offering me 60% rebate on a new set of Michelins. Now I'm trying to decide 295/80r22.5 in a X COACH HL Z or XZA2 ENERGY any one using the X COACH HL Z???

3 hours ago, JERRYHOUSER said:

Has any one had business with a tire out let calledMotorhomervtire.com 4000installers? The price is great much better than any one and come to your location. Thanks Jerry

Please show me where you are seeing all this savings? The cheapest BFG is $910.00 the matching Michalan is $1120.00 This is for a 315 80R-22.5. When I put 275 80R-22.5 Continentals on my outher diesel pusher they were $505.00 out the door. So show me the savings I may not be reading it right.

Bill

Bill, on my other coach, I put on 8 new 315/80r BFG's...Joe recommended them and I forgot the location. think it was Md or NJ, anyway it was $5,600+/- out the door, installed...great tire! June 2019.

22 minutes ago, manholt said:

Bill, on my other coach, I put on 8 new 315/80r BFG's...Joe recommended them and I forgot the location. think it was Md or NJ, anyway it was $5,600+/- out the door, installed...great tire! June 2019.

Yes Carl, did you look at that website? The 8 new 315/80r BFG's were 5,960.00 and 8 Michelin  tires was  $ 7,795.00.

Bill

No matter which tires you are purchasing there are some charges that needs to be added. Mounting, most places $25.00, Balancing again most places $25.00 then there is the government tax - disposal tax - plus local taxes. So you can add $60.00 to $75.00 per tire when purchasing new tires. So no matter which tire you buy, there is always, as they say, "Sticker Shock" when you receive the bill.

Herman

16 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

When I put 275 80R-22.5 Continentals on my outher diesel pusher they were $505.00 out the door.

Yes the website implies it is a installed price. I guess I will never know. 

Bill

Edited by WILDEBILL308