f433921

Problem Locating Lift Pump Fuse

Have a little time on my hands and have been going over the coach in preparing for an extended trip in the fall.   

I've owned the rig, (2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, Cummins  ISC 8.3 engine) for over nine years and have performed all of my own maintenance and repairs with the exception of flushing and replacing the engine coolant.

I have two brother in laws who own diesel pushers and both have experienced break downs on the roads in recent week and want to make sure that I have all of the essentials.  In the process I was inventorying spare parts and tools I realized that I didn't have a very good assortment of spare fuses, this lead to locating the location of all fuses on on circuits that I considered critical.  The low voltage fuses were all found in three locations (front bay under drivers seat, bedroom power center, battery compartment) with the exception of the one on the hot water heater control module.  

However, I have been unable to locate the fuse associated with the fuel deliver LIFT PUMP.  I have researched all of the drawing that came in the original owners package, fuse nomenclature at all of the fuse locations  and online searches with no success.

If any of you have any idea where I might find it, I would appreciate it.

Jim 

Jim,

Many times the fuel lift pump fuse is located in the wiring Harness running to the rear of the coach. It is an inline fuse hidden in the harness close to the connection powering the pump.

Joe L. is much more familiar with the Monaco wiring then I .

Rich.  

Just now, DickandLois said:

Jim,

Many times the fuel lift pump fuse is located in the wiring Harness running to the rear of the coach. It is an inline fuse hidden in the harness close to the connection powering the pump.

Joe L. is much more familiar with the Monaco wiring then I .

Rich.  

I have been in contact with Joe and his coach has the fuse in the compartment  under the drivers seat.

Thanks for your response, I will look tomorrow.  Since the lift pump only runs on start up for 30 seconds it should wear out.  The one on mine doesn't leak, that seems lake you see online posts of that problem.  Seems like the leaks are mostly due to loose bolts or failed gaskets.  My pump doesn't do a good job of filling the water separator fuel filter (during filter change) if the fuel tank is 1/4 tank or less.

Jim

I would call Cummins Hot Line (24/7/365) with the Engine number, your engine could be a 2002, 03 or 04, then ask what kind and size fuse went with the Lift Fuel Pump....then call REV for location of fuse...If the Tech don't know, then call Allied (Parent Company of REV), a lot of the old info was not transferred to REV's computers!  

Look for HR Forum on the web.

Jim the 3 bolts on top of the lift pump become loose and allow the gasket to leak. I suspect the gasket changes due to exposure to biodiesel. The Allen-head bolts are accessed from the top-side. New gaskets are available, 2 designs, which one is yours TBD on disassembly. My fuse is in a totally different location, no help here, sorry.

25 minutes ago, RayIN said:

Jim the 3 bolts on top of the lift pump become loose and allow the gasket to leak. I suspect the gasket changes due to exposure to biodiesel. The Allen-head bolts are accessed from the top-side. New gaskets are available, 2 designs, which one is yours TBD on disassembly. My fuse is in a totally different location, no help here, sorry.

Ray,

I don't have any leaks, just trying to located the lift pump fuse should I ever have a need to replace it.

Yes sir I merely mentioned it in case you might want to snug the bolts down some. Mine were finger-tight and gasket began leaking.

Problem Solved

A member on IRV2 forum had the answere. The fuse was in the battery compartment labeled as "DIAG". 

Bet all of you knew that it was for the LIFT PUMP!!!!

Thanks for all of your help.

Jim

Jim.

Now we all do know!  Someday, someone else will also know...Thanks to you passing along the Info!

"DIAG?" Geez, a wanabe elect engineer. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, F433921 said:

The fuse was in the battery compartment labeled as "DIAG". 

Yeah, that makes sense :wacko::lol:. Must have been the same guy that programmed my coach.

Jim, Thanks for the Feedback on where they hid it, in plain sight. Better then where mine is hiding, wrapped up in the engine compartment section of the chassis harness.

Now the hard part for me is remembering . LOL.

Joe, My filling system is not as reliable any more, You are a few years younger, maybe we should rely on you !  😱

Rich.