hermanmullins

Location of A/C Dryer: 2002 Monaco Dynasty

Am having to change the dash A/C compressor on our 2002 Monaco Dynasty. Need to locate the "Dryer". Anyone have any idea where it  maybe located. I would call RVI- Monaco but they are closed now. I would like to have the number of Monaco center in Coburg, OR, that is where all the old tech are. There are some very nice helpful young people at RVI but they only know what is on the computer. 

Herman

I will be out with our coach tomorrow washing and waxing. I’ll hunt it down and let you know. Since they are almost identical with everything else.
Normally....I say NORMALLY they are near the evaporator (up front near the generator In our application). But I will double check. 

Herman, The air dryer is located in the AC high side Line just before it connects to the evaporator.  High side line that exits the condenser goes into the drier input point, generally labeled in .

The high side pressure point, frequently has a red cap protecting the test point and shredder valve. It is larger the the low side  shredder valve. The common amount of Oil pored into the drier is 1 oz. It must be the proper ester used to charge the compressor. used in your dash AC system. 

Then the system requires a vacuum pump to remove all the moisture (water) from the system before charging the system.  When the system is under a vacuum it should maintain a minus 28 to 30 lbs for an extended time. I try to leave the system set over night. to make sure there are no leaks and the system is completely dry.  This is a good time to replace both of the shredder valves.

The system should be charged with 134 a type Freon. This is the Freon based coolant used  when your system was installed.

Rich.

If your condenser is located on the left rear of your coach, in a separate compartment, the receiver/dryer is attached to it. Check the hose ends for oil. That installation was famous for leaking where the larger hose connects to the condenser.
I always find it interesting when refrigerant is refered to as Freon. Freon is a DuPont trade mark and defines no chemistery.

Richard

Chemours Company has the Trademark, parent company is DuPont...the old Freon had two gasses, one of witch was blamed for being a problem to the Ozon, so now it is one, mixed with a propellant.  

Chemical properties is Ethane, Octanol and Tetrafloro,.Has been deemed to be safe for release into the atmosphere! 

ALTERNATIVE REFRIGERANT BLENDS

Alternative refrigerants that have been found acceptable for automotive applications or are currently being reviewed by the EPA include the following blends:

• Free Zone (RB-276). Supplied by Refrigerant Gases, this blend contains 79% R-134a, 19% HCFC-142b and 2% lubricant.
  • Freeze 12. Supplied by Technical Chemical, this blend contains 80% R-134a and 20% HCFC-142b.
  • FRIGC (FR-12). Made by Intermagnetics General and marketed by Pennzoil, this blend contains 59% R-134a, 39% HCFC-124 and 2% butane.
  • GHG-X4 (Autofrost & McCool Chill-It). This blend is supplied by Peoples Welding Supply and contains 51% R-22, 28.5% HCFC-124, 16.5% HCFC-142b and 4% isobutane (R-600a).
  • GHG-HP. Also supplied by Peoples Welding Supply, this blend contains 65% R-22, 31% HCFC-142b and 4% isobutane (R-600a).
  • Hot Shot\Kar Kool. Supplied by ICOR, this blend contains 50% R-22, 39% HCFC-124, 9.5% HCFC-142b and 1.5% isobutane (R-600a).

The suppliers of the alternative blends say their products typically cool better than straight R-134a in systems designed for R-12, and do not require changing the compressor oil or desiccant in some cases. Changing the desiccant to XH-7 is usually recommended if an R-12 system is converted to R-134a. The desiccant should also be replaced if a blend contains R-22 because R-22 is not compatible with XH-5 or XH-7 desiccant. The recommended desiccant in this case would be XH-9.

The suppliers of the alternative blends also insist the fractionation problem is exaggerated and do not foresee any major problems with recovering and recycling their products (recycling blends is currently illegal, but the EPA is reviewing its feasibility).

One supplier of these products say they sold several million pounds of their alternative refrigerant, so the public is accepting it.

Complete article

Thanks for everyone's help. I got my answer but it's getting off topic.

I started the topic and I am going to close it. Again thanks for the help. 

Herman