I drilled #2 well on the Chicken Ranch! The operator was, Clayton Williams of Midland, TX.  The Austin Chalk is shallow in the Giddings/La Grange area, good flow for 3-5 years, then nothing! 

Jim S. I forgot all about Prause!  Linda will be so happy, next week when I stop there on our way to Galveston!  Across from the Oak Motel, there is a wide spot in the road (Hwy 77) to park coach...walk 2 blocks to Market.

Another one, is Weimer Meat Market. (Kasper's). 

Bought, seasoned, and have used a Char-Griller.  Bigger and heavier than I had intended but well built.  Very pleased with it, particularly the slide-out charcoal/ash drawer that makes cleaning for bay stowage a cinch.  Let the coals burn out overnight and in the morning pull the drawer out, dump the ash in the fire ring, wash and brush-scrub the bottom of the drawer and the cooking grills, and put it up clean. 

Edited by UrbanHermit

We bought this compact BBQ to be used by a long distance truck driver, it works perfectly and fits nicely under the bunk. The drip tray is easy to remove and clean, the grills are also easy to clean. Cooking is even and quick... love this so much we want one for home to replace our larger old Bbq. This is Weber BBQ

A few months ago I puchased a 36" 5 burner griddle. Not a Blackstone. I was very impressed on what you can do on it. In hind site I wish I had purchased a 4 burner Blackstone.

For the MH I purchased a 22" Blackstone Adventure. I'm looking forward to cooking on it.

If anyone is in the market for a new cook stove I would recommend a Blackstone griddle. Walmart is a major supplier and has lots of accessories.  Lowe's and Home Depot are another source.

Cleaning takes less than 2 minutes.  Scrape, if needed a little water for steam and scrape again. dry, light coat of cooking oil...ready to go,

After full timing for a few years, I missed my big smoker.  I finally bought a Green Mountain Grill Davy Crocket pellet smoker and love thing.  I can smoke on it of crtank it up and do steaks.  I do not want to mess with charcoal again.

Ken

We have a Weber 200 for coach, small green bottles of gas and has worked since 2010.  At the house we have a 48" commercial Weber electric kettle, it will go to 1,200 degrees!  We brought the other Webbers to the camp house, they are gas operated.

Other than custom  built Pits, I have always liked my Webbers! :D

I've got a Coleman 2 burner gas grill that has done very well. I also have a little hibachi, which I haven't used. If I had the room, I would lug along my Primo XL grill. It is fabulous.

10 hours ago, txiceman said:

After full timing for a few years, I missed my big smoker.  I finally bought a Green Mountain Grill Davy Crocket pellet smoker and love thing.  I can smoke on it of crtank it up and do steaks.  I do not want to mess with charcoal again.

Ken

I have a Traeger brand pellet grill and like Ken, love it, in fact I have two, one is table top, other is a barrel shaped. I will never light charcoal again.

First time out with the Blackstone Adventure Griddle was 3 weeks ago. Loved cooking on it.  Always using the 36" on the patio.

If anyone is in to a new outdoor cooking appliance, look at the 22" or 17" Blackstone. My choice is the 22" with strand and can be found at Wally World.

Go to youtube and search in their search pane for "Griddle Cooking.." and choose one to watch. 

Tonight is Filet and vegetables. Grilled vegetables are great with that little bit of searing.

p,s search on "cleaning a blackstone griddle," and see how easy it is.  DW will love you for not bringing in grills to clean in the sing.

Edited by wayne77590

Joe, go for it. You will never regret it in my opinion.

Tonight on the 36" was griddle onions, griddle mushrooms, griddle zucchini, griddle potatoes and the final touch was two filet steaks. In the picture Earlene couldn't wait and stole a piece.

filet.jpg

Fixins.jpg

This past weekend (4/9 -12) the wife and I had a fabulous time on the "Wine and Wildflowers Journey" in the Texas Hill Country tasting many great wines while enjoying great weather.    For a Christmas gift last December, my youngest son gave me a medium size Old Smokey grill with long legs to replace my worn-out "Aussie Walk About" grill.    It's been a long time since I've had an Old Smokey and forgot how easy it is to grill a steak to perfection, smoke salmon, etc. on and Old Smokey  (picture below from our spot on motorhome row overlooking Goat Creek at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort this past weekend). 

And yes in the background of the photo is my 30 year old Coleman propane stove that I use to fry bacon or sausage when it's just my wife and I on a trip. The wife does not allow the odor and grease splattering from bacon and sausage in "HER" motorhome!

For LSU football weekends I pack my big, heavy two burner Camp Chef camp stove with large griddle to cook breakfast for a large group --> Amazon.com: Camp Chef Explorer Double Burner Stove: Garden & Outdoor --> Amazon.com : Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle, Single Burner 14" Cooking Accessory, Cooking Dimensions: 14 in. x 16 in : Garden & Outdoor   The griddle works also works great for "over easy" eggs, hash browns,  etc.    My Old Smokey is big enough to grill many burgers for a hungry tailgating crowd. 

Also, if you want a great seasoning for steaks (or hamburgers), Uncle Chis' Gourmet Steak Seasoning is fantastic --> Uncle Chris' Gourmet Steak Seasoning | Fiesta Spices

Old Smokey Grill.jpg

We use Weber propane grill, the grease management is unsurpassed. The rust-free enameled cast iron grates ensure even heating and proper crusting of food for superior flavour. The grates and burner are aligned to prevent food burning and flare-ups. The grill will not flare up no matter what food I cook, including marinated chicken halves.

On 4/13/2021 at 12:52 PM, fagnaml said:

This past weekend (4/9 -12) the wife and I had a fabulous time on the "Wine and Wildflowers Journey" in the Texas Hill Country tasting many great wines while enjoying great weather.    For a Christmas gift last December, my youngest son gave me a medium size Old Smokey grill with long legs to replace my worn-out "Aussie Walk About" grill.    It's been a long time since I've had an Old Smokey and forgot how easy it is to grill a steak to perfection, smoke salmon, etc. on and Old Smokey  (picture below from our spot on motorhome row overlooking Goat Creek at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort this past weekend). 

And yes in the background of the photo is my 30 year old Coleman propane stove that I use to fry bacon or sausage when it's just my wife and I on a trip. The wife does not allow the odor and grease splattering from bacon and sausage in "HER" motorhome!

For LSU football weekends I pack my big, heavy two burner Camp Chef camp stove with large griddle to cook breakfast for a large group --> Amazon.com: Camp Chef Explorer Double Burner Stove: Garden & Outdoor --> Amazon.com : Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle, Single Burner 14" Cooking Accessory, Cooking Dimensions: 14 in. x 16 in : Garden & Outdoor   The griddle works also works great for "over easy" eggs, hash browns,  etc.    My Old Smokey is big enough to grill many burgers for a hungry tailgating crowd. 

Also, if you want a great seasoning for steaks (or hamburgers), Uncle Chis' Gourmet Steak Seasoning is fantastic --> Uncle Chris' Gourmet Steak Seasoning | Fiesta Spices

Old Smokey Grill.jpg

Mike  Uncle Cris' seasoning sounds good, wish I could try some but i'm on a salt-free diet-hypertension. Does that company make a salt-free alternative or do you know of one? I couldn't find any salt-free steak seasoning on the website.

Edited by rayin

Ray, google Cajun spices...salt free. Even Tony's C. has one.  I used to use "Pitts & Spitts" salt free spice's!  Houston, Texas.

29 minutes ago, rayin said:

Mike  Uncle Cris' seasoning sounds good, wish I could try some but i'm on a salt-free diet-hypertension. Does that company make a salt-free alternative or do you know of one? I couldn't find any salt-free steak seasoning on the website.

Ray look at this Fajita seasoning, I use it alot for steak and hamburgers.

https://www.fiestaspices.com/product-category/fajita-seasoning/

The non salt free ones are 10% salt or less With how little you would use I don't think it would be a problem.

Bill

Thanks Carl and Bill! My salt-free diet is so strict I'm not allowed to drink any milk due to salt content. Now the heart Dr. has taken away my bourbon and brandy because of the heart meds.,  orange juice and ice water are my go-to drinks. He did tell me I may have one beer a week, but to monitor my BP.  Next visit to the heart Dr. I may get some leeway, my lower legs and feet have stopped swelling enough I can wear my Lucchese  boots again.

I'll look at those salt-free steak seasonings, thanks again.

Ray,  why pay a $1,000+ for boots, when you can get the same custom fitted for 1/2 price at Tony Lama? :wub:  Lucchese goes to $12,995 for American Alligator...$20 for leather and $12,975 for what? :wacko:

Look for salt free Cajun seasoning on Amazon, Kroger, Wall Mart or Under the Bridge, Henderson, La., You can also make your own!  I use Saltgrass -7- brand on all my Beef and Pork tenderloin, La., Lemon Pepper, for fish and chicken.  

Edited by manholt

21 hours ago, rayin said:

... Now the heart Dr. has taken away my bourbon...because of the heart meds....

Now that's getting serious!  Might have to find another cardiologist!

8 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Ray, I also have to limit salt, I found a drop of lemon juice from a fresh  lemon is a great alternative.

Going to grill ribeye steaks Monday evening, I'll try lemon juice. I'm going to make my own rub from  a salt-free recipe I found on the web yesterday. I've got to stay very mild, DW can't take spicy foods or toppings, shoot she won't even eat peppered gravy. Me OTOH am willing to try anything hot as long as it has taste too.

Ray --

Apologies for the late reply.   Another good steak seasoning is TexJoy's  Steak Seasoning.  They make a salt-free version which would be good for you to try if it's available in your part of the country --> Texas Food - Texas Made Foods & Texas Gifts    If you can't find this seasoning in your local grocery store, it can be ordered on-line.  

If you get a little bit of leniency from your cardiologist and can enjoy a "low salt" diet, the McCormick Reduced Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning is great.   Before my father passed away a couple of years ago, he had stage 4 congestive heart failure and has to strictly monitor his sodium intake and retainage of fluid.   For a grilled steak once every 6-8 weeks, his cardiologist allowed a "light sprinkling" of this seasoning -->  McCormick® Grill Mates® 25% Less Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning | Grill Mates

My father was on a zero sodium diet the last year of his life and that's when we discovered the TexJoy's No Salt Steak Seasoning. 

Edited by fagnaml