trabuco

Tire brands

Time  to replace the Michelin’s on the rear of my 2005 Monaco Diplomat 40ft DP. Looking at Hankook and Continental. Need opinions on both. Pricing is much better than the Michelin’s. 275/70/22.5

2 hours ago, Trabuco said:

Time  to replace the Michelin’s on the rear of my 2005 Monaco Diplomat 40ft DP. Looking at Hankook and Continental. Need opinions on both. Pricing is much better than the Michelin’s. 275/70/22.5

I have the Hankook AH 37's on my coach, have been real happy with them. 

Jim

I'll echo Jim's comments.  Last fall I purchased a set of six Hankook AH37 tires through FMCA's discount program with Hankook.  The new tires were needed to replace 4-1/2 year old Michelin's that had pre-mature side wall cracking.   The new Hankooks have ~3,000 miles of use.   I haven't noticed any change in ride or handling from the Hankooks but then as lousy as I-10 is between Houston and Baton Rogue or Houston and Kerrville I don't know if change in ride could be detected.

With the FMCA discount the price for the Hankooks was about 40% cheaper than the FMCA discounted price for Michelins.

I've had Hankooks on my steer axle for ~5 years and now have them on the drive axle as well.   In general,  our experience was a better ride and lower noise. I'm no fan of Michelins for my cars or my MH.  IMO they are overhyped and overpriced. 

We have had nothing but Michelins on our current and previous MH. Have had no issues and none showed any signs of pre-mature side wall cracking.

Other than a bit pricier than cheaper brands, can't say anything bad about Michelins.

Fed Ex just delivered 2 Toyo 245/75 22.5 for $299 each.  I installed them on my front yesterday and moved one of my old fronts to the spare location.  I have Toyos on the rear axle that I installed 3 years ago.  Been running Toyos for 15+ years.

16 hours ago, docj said:

...I'm no fan of Michelins for my cars or my MH.  IMO they are overhyped and overpriced...

Ditto, last summer I changed out eight Michelins at five and a half years, lots of sidewall cracking.  Initially I checked with Michelin for new ones and found not only were they much more expensive than most other brands, the dealer could not find any 295s.