txtiger

First time buyer

My son is wanting to buy a trailer for his family to go weekend camping and one week vacations. He has a Ford F-150 eco boost truck already. With a wife and two kids, boy 10, girl 6, he needs a bath with shower for the wife and bunk beds for the kids. I know nothing about trailers. Any recommendations on brands and models. He’s looking for something used in the 2018 to 2010 range for around $5,000 to $15,000. Thanks for your help. 

PPL has a lot of TT's available.  Pull behind, Jayco, Arctic Fox, Lynx are some that I have heard are good.  

The only things I can suggest is do not buy based upon price as the primary criteria. Do not be impatient. There are big quality issues in buying any of these things

Tx, we have friends with trailers. I have worked on theirs over they years and these are the brands I thought were of decent quality and affordable.

Jayco, Jay Flight.

Zinger, when owned by Crossroads.

One thing that I have seen lately that is a huge concern, some have this sticker inside. If I saw that I’d move onto the next one. At no time is the health of my family or myself worth any trailer!
Our one friend upgraded their Zinger to another one made by Thor, the chemical smell is so strong inside it permeates their clothes and food. You can actually taste it in the food stored in the Cupboards. 

And as a rule of thumb, if the roof is well taken care of and there are no water stains or soft spots it was taken care of. So many are not, so please be careful.

8A8BD857-A712-462A-B060-B888AD15574C.jpeg

Be sure it is something their F 150 Eco Boost can comfortably pull.  Salesmen selling RVs are notorious for telling the buyer that whatever the the customer has will pull what ever RV they are selling just fine.