robandbarb

Thor Aria 2018 3401 Diesel Pusher A/C Dash Problem

My dash A/C on Aria runs dash Temperature when I first Start up of 62 F . The condenser fan motor wont turn on to cool down condenser , so dash air temp will rise quickly . I can run a garden hose on condenser and it will cool  dash A/C very quickly. I need to find out if there is a relay or fuse for condenser fan . A/C compressor and condenser are Freightliner (just out of warranty) Do not know about wiring and fuse or relay is Thor. Thor is hard to to get an answer from  and Freightliner says it is a Thor issue. Anyone have a clue where the the fuse or relay would be or how to check for bad fan?

1 hour ago, robandbarb said:

My dash A/C on Aria runs dash Temperature when I first Start up of 62 F . The condenser fan motor wont turn on to cool down condenser , so dash air temp will rise quickly . I can run a garden hose on condenser and it will cool  dash A/C very quickly. I need to find out if there is a relay or fuse for condenser fan . A/C compressor and condenser are Freightliner (just out of warranty) Do not know about wiring and fuse or relay is Thor. Thor is hard to to get an answer from  and Freightliner says it is a Thor issue. Anyone have a clue where the the fuse or relay would be or how to check for bad fan?

Interesting that you should bring up the question. However, does the condenser fan turn freely. You will need to carefully stick something carefully into the fan and see if it moves easily.The space between the fan blade and evaporator is close , shutdown the coach engine  and go under it with a screwdriver and try to move the fan, if it does not turn. You need a new fan. Then you go on to fuse issues and system charge.

My Fan came to a stop yesterday. fan motor froze up. Should your fan turn freely , then check for a blown fuse,  or failed relay. A number of things can happen when the condenser cooling fan stops. One can get into a complete system test to find the problem at times. 

Rich.

A first simple test: disconnect the power connection to the fan. See if there is power to it with engine running, dash A/C on.  Yes, will have to do this quickly (like having someone else start it, as no condenser fan means the  A/C will fault to high pressure pretty quickly.

Alternately, supply an independent source of 12 VDC to the fan to rule the fan in/out as cause.