tireman9

Recall of TA/T tires, size LT285/75R16

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 20T009
Synopsis : Vee Tyre and Rubber Co., Ltd. (Vee Tyre) is recalling certain Taiga A/T tires, size LT285/75R16. Due to a manufacturing issue, the sidewall may separate from the tire. As such, these tires fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 139, "New Pneumatic Radial Tires for Light Vehicles." Sidewall separation can lead to tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash. Vee Tyres will notify and reimburse owners the cost of the tires along with any service fees. This recall is expected to begin June 30, 2020. Owners may contact Vee's customer service at 1-917-863-2422. Vee's numbers for this recall are 6MSLD8 2117 and 2217.

Thanks for the Info.  I just put them on (4) a 16' flat bed trailer, my first thought was to go with bigger rims...I'm married now!!!

Thank you one and all, for your heartfelt endorsement, of the ball and chain way of life! :ph34r:

Linda has been a member of the Forum for 7 years, has her own Avatar, I've known her for 4 years!  Thought I would mention that. :rolleyes:😁

Another brand same size

NHTSA Recall ID Number : 20T011
Synopsis : American Pacific Industries, Inc. (American Pacific) is recalling certain Gladiator X-Comp A/T tires, size LT285/75R16, Load Range E and with DOT date codes 0718 to 0420. Due to a manufacturing issue, the sidewall may separate from the tire. As such, these tires fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 139, "New Pneumatic Radial Tires for Light Vehicles." Sidewall separation can lead to tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash. American Pacific will notify owners, and dealers will replace the tires, free of charge. American Pacific has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact American Pacific customer service at 1-661-702-0988

15 hours ago, manholt said:

Are both made by the same manufacturer, under different names?

The production dates for the tire involved are different. The Plant(s) involved are not both listed.  I am thinking that since people seem to have so much difficulty finding and reading the DOT serial it may no longer be shown in all recall announcements.  If I learn anything I will post the info here.