jfalessi

Bottoms out.

Hi,

Just completed our first road trip from TX to MN. Every bump in the road, even the small ones sounded like the coach was going to come apart. It seems like there are no shock  absorbers. The coach is a Class A, 06 National 33ft SeaBreeze gas. Any comments would be appreciated.

Please tell us what chassis you have

Ford or Workhorse?

What GVWR (should be a plaque in the coach with that information)?

Have you weighted axles/coach?

How many miles on it?

Are shocks OE or have they been replaced?

Standard 33' is the F-53, GVWR 20,500, 19.5 tires.

Option is the Workhorse, GVWR 22,000, 22.5 tires (Could not determine if the XL was avail on 33')!

This is common on that chassis with 19.5 tires. The issue is the suspension is spring (not air) and the 19.5 tires have an very stiff side wall, some will argue that they are stiffer than a 22.5 since the construction is very similar BUT the wheel is much closer as the side walls are shorter. 

As mentioned tire pressures and shocks will also play a part. Shocks if too loose it will porpoise and make you sea sick driving it. This could very well be the "nature of the beast' so to speak. Our last coach would break apart on a cross county trip, I was always replacing sheared off hardware somewhere on the body. The roads in the US are getting better but are still in poor condition.  

On 6/15/2020 at 12:14 PM, jfalessi said:

Hi,

Just completed our first road trip from TX to MN. Every bump in the road, even the small ones sounded like the coach was going to come apart. It seems like there are no shock  absorbers. The coach is a Class A, 06 National 33ft SeaBreeze gas. Any comments would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. First thing to do is weigh the coach loaded ready to travel. Compare the real weight with the posted max weight in your coach. Then check your tire pressure.

I changed out my shocks on my last coach to Koni FSD shocks and they helped with the rough roads.  https://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/koni-fsd-gold.cfm 

Bill

Edited by jleamont

Yes I have heard good things about the Liquid Spring setup. I heard they were coming out with a front setup. Still a little pricey for just the back ran around $12,500 installed. Till then you could add Sumo Springs to the front. https://www.supersprings.com/products/sumosprings/.

You are at a point where putting that money toward a coach upgrade might make more sense or at least something to think about.

jfalessi, See how well we can spend your money.:P

Bill

I have heard the cost but can't verify it, but from what  I heard you might want to look to trade up instead.

At the same time I have also heard great thing about Liquid Springs

Herman