jobyarthur

Best Hand Wax for Fiberglass

If it is a full paint job, soap & water is enough.  For extra shine, I recommend Lucas Slick Mist, spray on wipe off.  For the roof, a good hand wax, couple of times a year.

I plan on trying the new (to me) Ceramic Coating. I have looked at several YouTube videos and am a bit confused on how to apply it. One says to wash and dry the vehicle then spray it on and rinse with water and walla it there. Another says to wash the vehicle, then wipe the entire vehicle with denatured alcohol, then apply Ceramic coating then rinse it off. Not sure which method I will use, but what I am thinking is that I will do the front of the coach first, then drive it for a day then see how easy the bugs come off. That would be the test for me. 

I have also used Lucas Slick Mist and it does a nice job.

Herman   

Herman, done it with our two cars. First is to wash it to get it clean. Then apply Ceramic and spread with microfiber cloth over entire vehicle. That establishes the base coat.

Here is the Meguiar's video

Since they put it out I would go by their recommendations.

p.s., Tell DW to just do what the physical therapists say to do when she is doing PT.  The mind wants to say, "If I do more I'll heal faster," and that is ot the case. Doing more can cause more injury. If they say 10 repetitions, do 10, not 11 or 20.  I have had both ACL's reconstructed and both knees replaced. PT for all of them is the same. Left knee was replaced this last January 21st. 

I like Star Brite RV polish & wax product because it is the easy application that it offers. You can use it with a buffer or apply it by hand, which makes the task easier. Apart from keeping the colors of your RV vibrant, this product assures that stains are kept at bay.

Edited by tom7020

DB, Yes!  Since boat is in water fishing, use it after you bring boat out and rinse off with clean, non salt, water!  Wish I had known about it, when I had my race boats.

You're Boston Whaler will love you!

Great, it needs it bad (like me), lol. When you wipe your hand on it now you get all that white oxidation.

DB, you'll need to get rid of the oxidation first.  Give BW a call and ask for their recommendation for  refinishing gel coat.