rayin

Aluminum rim cleaner/polish

Monday my order for California Custom Purple aluminum cleaner/polish arrived. The video had convinced me it was worth $29 to give it a try on my dull, corroded rims. I did a few spots today to judge ease of use and it it lived up to the claims. I am well-pleased with the result, it did as shown in the video, The ease of use is amazing to me,

Sure wish I could get back all the money I've spent on metal polishes in the past. This stuff works great, without much effort whatsoever.

The top portion of the outer band(with holes) took me 10 minutes:

Aluminum rim with polished section.jpg

Edited by RayIN

haha I too have to chuckle over this one as well. I have sworn by Mother's Mag and aluminum polish for decades, and it is good and it has multiple uses. On one of the Safari forums we had some discussions about polishes and Alumalive available at Blue Beacon Truck Washes came up with like comments. We were in Florida during the Covid in April. So needing a day out drove 240 miles round trip to acquire some of this polish and find out for myself if it was any good . It looked like what Rayin has shown. Well I am here to tell you it was amazing, have to see it to believe it good. Same thing no effort and shiney, silver shiney!  Well not all Blue Beacons carry it, spotty finding it in the dark blue bottle and not cheap at 18 bucks a bottle, no not a big bottle either maybe 8 oz. So my thought is someone else sells this stuff cause if only BB sells it no one is going to get rich with such limited availability so Ray you may have hit on the other source..  

I must admit I have tried several products over the years and this one has done us well, it’s not expensive and available at most automobile parts stores (chains).

My wheels were so bad I bought a polishing cone for my cordless drill and applied it with that and buffed it off with a towel. Just be careful with any powered applicators, start off slow or the product will be all over you including your hair  :wacko::lol:

EE0CA961-3AB1-47E8-BCE4-5BC9A71186E1.jpeg

D33F4D7D-F0A9-48EF-9339-03AC3B8D053B.jpeg

A1322A56-F073-454E-B711-B390EE3F28C1.jpeg

Wonder if either one will work better than Mothers on a MC? 

On my Alcoa's, slick mist works fine for us!  Spray on, wipe off.

The California Custom Purple is a 2-part package, the deoxidizer is used first, no need to wipe off, then the purple aluminum polish. It beat Mothers hands down for final finish and ease of use, as I have tested several brands.

In this video the guy uses small scraps of carpet to apply the polish.