larcar

Fluorescent light fixture bulb replacement

My kitchen ceiling light bulbs failed and when I tried to change them I could not twist the bulbs to remove them.  I finally got one bulb out and found a plastic ring holding the bulbs in place.  How do I replace the bulbs?

larcar, have you considered swapping them out for LED? When we bought this coach it had several lights out inside and failed ballasts. I found it more cost effective to do an LED conversion at that time than fussing with the existing light bulbs and ballasts. 

The LED strips were so bright I only needed one where there was two florescent bulbs.

RV LED 1.jpg

RV LED 2.jpg

Ditto to led's, but it is even simpler now as there are led bulbs to just take out the fluorescent bulbs and insert the new bulb into the old socket and rewire eliminating the ballast.

I am thinking the plastic is some kind of safety retainer for the bulbs. I would be  inclined to look at swapping them out for leds.

Bill

I went the other route as my sockets were worn and those tubes were costly. 

After a trip I had to walk around and wiggle the tubes to get them to turn on if we wanted all of the interior lights to work.