longhaul1

Fantasy Tours

Question

My wife and I, and our next-door neighbors, were excited about going to Alaska June 9 with Fantasy tours.  Because of the Corona virus, it was cancelled.  We were disappointed, but not nearly as much when we found out Fantasy Tours would not refund our money, only a travel voucher.  Based on our age and stage of life, we may not be able to travel in the future.  The only way we were able to get any money was to exercise our right to cancel within their 85% cancellation policy.  They still have 15% of our money ($1,799.25) even though it was Fantasy Tours that cancelled.  We will never travel with Fantasy Tours and hope your readers will think twice before signing up with them.  Motorhome Magazine, FMCA, and Winnebago may want to review their relationship with Fantasy Tours.

23 answers to this question

You did not cancel, they canceled on you. Demand a full refund. If they won’t then I would contact my credit card company and dispute the charges. They have breached the contract and must refund you in full. 

Just like the August 16-23 cruise that was canceled on us yesterday!  I have the choice of a full refund, including tax & port charges or a full credit voucher...I'm taking the credit on my account today, because we cruise with RCI, about 3X a year.  

We are signed up, for a 60 day Alaska, with Fantasy Tours in June of 2021.  We took their 61 day Canada Providence Tour last summer.  Normally we are not Tour oriented & we have been to Alaska twice before in a coach, but on this one, we have 15 other couples, who are good friends going!   

There are also Adventure Tours and SOI, that go to same places as Fantasy. All was cancelled due to Canada closing it's border!  That applies to cruises also!

1 hour ago, txtiger said:

You did not cancel, they canceled on you. Demand a full refund. If they won’t then I would contact my credit card company and dispute the charges. They have breached the contract and must refund you in full. 

I can't understand why you accepted their 85% offer.  That's what they wanted you to do so now you have no case against them.  Two months ago I had no difficulty getting CapitalOne to reverse a credit card charge for admissions to an event for which the event operator was playing "hard to get" on a refund. 

If you can get a credit card company to do a "chargeback" the vendor has no say in the matter.  The vendor has to show the credit card company why it is entitled to any of the money; it gets removed from the vendor's account immediately.

Agree, just didn't want to throw salt into a open wound.  I just got off the phone with RCI and got a 125% credit on our cruise!  Happy, happy!

Fantasy RV Tours understands that you are frustrated and disappointed.  They are also very disappointed that they have been forced to cancel many of their tours this year.  Like all tour companies, Fantasy RV Tours pays vendors a year in advance for services they would have provided for you on your tour.  They are now in the situation of having to negotiate with these vendors for refunds and most of them are only offering them credits, as well.  This pandemic has turned the travel industry upside down – companies all over the world are dealing with the same issues. Most of our members are choosing to postpone their travel to next year and are thrilled with the travel credits offered.  We hate to hear that you chose to cancel your tour all together because Alaska is amazing!   We hope that you and your family continue to stay safe during these unprecedented times.

From Fantasy site.

Cancellation by Fantasy

Fantasy reserves the right to cancel any tour at its sole discretion. In the unlikely event a tour is canceled by Fantasy and Fantasy is unable to reschedule, except in the case of force majeure as described below, all funds collected from any participant refunded in full within 30 days of tour cancelation. Money is refunded to the original payer.

It appears the catch is “ unable to reschedule” and “ force majeure”.

Edited by campcop

Yep. Like us, we will apply our credit to another cruise next year, not the same (it was a Shriner International cruise) cruise, probably a relocation to the Med or Baltic.  

Your Alaska tour got cancelled, why not take a credit for another tour to another place or places?  Like 2 tours.  You might see things you've never seen before...or you might be dead, then would it matter?  As you said, based on your age!

Jim, good for you, you made money!  Due to the cancelation we are doing plan "B"!  See you in Alto!

24 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

Looking forward to cooler temps in Alto.

You might want to check on the new restrictions the Governor of NM just imposed.

Bill

WBILL, we where there & got married, when she went nuts in May...cant be any worse now!  Besides that, we leave the 17th for 18th arrival and depart for Cortez, CO the 24th. 

I just looked it up...SOS!

Edited by manholt

Yup, the  NM Governor has ordered anyone visiting from out of state has to quarantine for 14 days.

we are scheduled to go to CO next week. Keeping an eye on their situation daily. As of now it’s a go but things change daily if not hourly.

As the Sheriff said, "it's on your honor!"  When we where last there, she ordered everyone to wear masks, we went to Lincoln County Clerks Office in Carrizozo and became the only persons with mask on!  Even the security cop didn't have one...that's what I call a Governor with no teeth, or maybe nobody respects her! 

As of today, there will be fines for those that don’t wear masks in NM and up to $500 for a business that allows people in without one.

When the first mask order are out, some county officials protested, said they would not enforce it, claimed it was not Constitutional. As they say, you can’t regulate stupid.

Edited by campcop

Campcop.  That 14 day quarantine is for Airplane arrival only!

DB.  Where?  

Joe, agree!  You do that sometimes, or you used too. :lol:  Blame WBill. :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, manholt said:

DB.  Where?  

The Fall Harvest. Maine, NH and VT....lol.

I just called Fantasy to see about our Fall Harvest in Sept. Not official but the lady said it most likely will be canceled.

Shoot, that would have been our 1st with them. No refund so we will just book next year same trip.

David

On 8/3/2020 at 1:18 PM, DBenoit said:

I just called Fantasy to see about our Fall Harvest in Sept. Not official but the lady said it most likely will be canceled.

Shoot, that would have been our 1st with them. No refund so we will just book next year same trip.

David

Officially canceled. We are taking the option same trip next year, 2021, at the same price.