teejaymack56

Dashes gauges stopped working

A friend has a 2007 Coachman Cross country. Recently had a belt break which was fixed. While they were fixing the belt they noticed a rear tire coming off the rim...... fixed that. Now the funny part..... went to pick it up and the dash gauges are not working. No speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure, water temp or volts. Air gauges are working but that’s it. Fuses all test good. They were working when they brought it in. Any ideas? 

Check for a bad instrument solenoid. Had one on our's go out. It's not the shops fault. Everything can be working fine, the shut it down and next time guage's won't work

Herman 

Check the compartment on drivers side in front of the front wheel. There should be two silver solenoids. With the key on you should have power on both sides of each solenoid. If not there is your bad solenoid.

Herman 

If it's a Ford F53 chassis, the circuit board may have fried.  There is an outfit that rebuilds them if they're not too far gone.  I had to replace an entire pod, instruments and all. in my 99 Itasca Sunflyer.  Was told that the one that came out wasn't the original, so it had happened before.  If I remember correctly I was also told my experience was not unique.