sr4au1

Air Conditioner

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Was the fan motor burnt? if so it may be residue for the burnt motor. Any smoke?

Herman

No not the fan motor we need to replace the whole thing. Any recommendations 

Sorry in your first commit I thought you said "We replaced the fan motor and it still smells like it is burning up". The only thing I would suggest is going back and check for chard wires.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help .

Herman

Smell of plastic (synthetic)
Usually felt the first time a newly installed appliance is turned on. This disadvantage is often found in cheap devices. The smell disappears after a few days of use and is not considered an indicator of a malfunction of the appliance. However, you should make sure that the plastic does not melt in an air conditioner (usually in heating mode). This can be the case when using low-quality plastics in the manufacture of air conditioners.

Smell of burnt insulation
If you smell burning when you turn it on, then unplug a device. It is possible that the wiring has burned out and it precedes an imminent breakdown of a device, which can also lead to a fire. A technician is called to resolve this problem.

I don't know any more reasons.

Finally, if you suddenly stay/cannot use your air conditioner, there are other cooling methods.