jjWinnie

repaint my rig

I am looking to get my entire rig repainted.  It is in bad shape. I got two estimates so far and they are in the $20,000 dollar range. One was from  MPT auto body in Murrels Inlet SC and the other is from Elizabeth Truck Center in Elizabeth NJ.  Has anyone ever used either one of these companies or know  a company they had a good experience with in repainting their Class A. I live in NJ and spend a couple months in Myrtle Beach area. any info would be appreciated.

jjWinnie.  Welcome back.

We would need some pertinent info.

Year, make, model, length,  of your coach?  Do you have full body paint now, how many colors?

I've heard many comments very satisfied after having their MHs painted at Navarros  Algodones Mexico just across the border from Yuma Arizona.  Very reasonable prices from what I've heard. If that's something you might be interested in-> https://www.facebook.com/navarrosdobyshop/

Read some comments about them here https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/painting-at-navarro-bros-los-algodones-255734.html

Edited by Moonwink

I've had 2 coaches painted by Mike's Custom painting in Bremen Indiana.  He has probably painted more RVs than the next 5 painters combined.  He used to do most of the full body paint jobs for the major RV builders in the Elkhart area until the popularity of painted became great enough so they put in their own paint booths. His jobs do 4 coats of clear, baked twice.  

Depending on the size of your coach and the complexity of design you want, I'd say that a $20K bid isn't that far out of line. The most expensive part is the prep work, stripping decals, removal of sealants, etc. all adds up.

DD69, I've been to Mikes, Beautiful work, but I found them to be expensive!  That was when we had the Indy Rally...saw him both at shop and booth.

Dons, 10-4!  Prep can be expensive!  Removal of all Diamond Shield or 3M, is never cheap in Labor!

I was in the automotive paint and body restoration business for 30 plus years. Today quality materials for an average sized car can exceed $1000. Yes as stated the preparation just getting to the point of let's spray it is the bulk of the labor. It is all time.  

So Bill, a 40 foot coach with full body, four color and three coats of clear for $20,000 to $30,000 is not to far out of the ball park?

Sounds fair to me to be painted in the U S of A.

A suggestion for a quote in the Southwest might be Xtreme Graphic in Nacogdoches, Texas. Ask for James Stallings the owner.

936-560-5888 

Tell him Herman recommended them. It may not help but James needs a good laugh ever now and then.

Another really good shop would be "Charlies Paint & Body" in Searcy Arkansas.They have all the necessary tools and training to  do RV full body paint as well as RV Windshield replacement. 

501-268-1929

Herman

Herman, I, like you, know James, problem is, that unless it's a insurance job...very expensive!  

Edited by manholt