Chrisk22

IFS Suspension

I have a 2019 Tiffin REd 33aa. Does this unit have independent front suspension? Also are all the Tiffin(diesel pusher lineup) have the same front suspension minus chassis on the phaeton and bus.. Someone had also mentioned that a super steer bell crank with Koni shock absorbers is a good add for my current unit? I like the smaller coach(to get into tighter places) and have looked into the Newmar New aire 3543, 2020 model and we considering. I have not tried one yet but have heard they have comfort drive and v-ride suspension on back. Is it that much a better ride? Our coach we have now is not a bad ride , and we are not full timers. Does anyone have experience between these 2 rigs and is it worth it?Thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, Chrisk22 said:

I have a 2019 Tiffin REd 33aa. Does this unit have independent front suspension?

What does the owner's manual say? Have you looked under the coach? 

Also are all the Tiffin(diesel pusher lineup) have the same front suspension minus chassis on the phaeton and bus.

I would look at the Tiffin web site or call the hotline.

I like the smaller coach(to get into tighter places)

What advantage do you see being in a small coach in a small campground? I have been in every state in the lower 48 and 4 Canadian provinces. Never had a problem with a 38 ft coach. Now I have one that is 7' longer and I still don't have any problem. Shorter in height might have been good sometimes but I don't see any advantage to a coach 3' 4"shorter. The ones I looked at had much smaller storage less counter and smaller bathrooms/showers. 

I have Comfort steer and I like it. The V ride is a Freightliner deal and I have a Spartan Chassis. You should go drive one and see for yourself. Where are you looking? When you drive the New Air I would drive something like a Mountain Aire for comparison. Try a King Aire.  

Bill

Edited by WILDEBILL308

Tiffen is tight lip.  The New Aire 35' is 2.5 times the cost of OP's Red.

I'm really confused...You got a new 2019 Red & you don't know what you got?!?

No need to crawl underneath, simply cut the wheels to lock and peek at the suspension, you will either see a solid axle and king-pin or upper and lower control arms for IFS.

I have no experience with the Tiffin Red, but assume that it is similar to other Freightliner chassis that I have had, i.e., a 2014 34 Winne Forza, 2018 New Aire 3343 and now a 2020 New Aire 3545.  (I have a 12' height limitation to get under my house for storage.) They all rode down the highway about the same.  The Comfort Steer on the New Aire is very nice, as is the adaptive cruise control.  The big difference with the New Aire is the 60 degree wheel cut, which makes it very easy to maneuver in tight spots like gas stations, parking lots and even some campgrounds without having to drop the toad.  My big reason for moving from the 3343 to the 3545 was the 43 had a very narrow space to get back to the john with the slide outs closed, doable but tight.  The other was the power.  I was tired of pulling out onto the highway and waiting forever to get up to speed.  I clocked the 3343 on level ground pulling a Grand Cherokee at 0-60 in 73 seconds.  The 3545 does it in 32 seconds, still not a speed demon, but much more comfortable entering an expressway and I can actually pass a slow moving truck on a hill.  The 45 model also has almost 2 feet of open space going back to the john with the slides in.  Is it worth it?  That is something only you can answer.  For me it was.     

Mike, good info.  The 33 RED is a 340 DP.  As you can see under my signature, we have a King Aire 4584 & my problem is like yours was, very tight to get to 1/2 bath with 3 slides in!  600 HP helps a lot. 

Your house on pier & beam?  I just sold one on Galveston Island, TX.  13', our old coach was 13' 3", now 14' 4" !

On 7/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, mikekohut said:

I have no experience with the Tiffin Red, but assume that it is similar to other Freightliner chassis that I have had, i.e., a 2014 34 Winne Forza, 2018 New Aire 3343 and now a 2020 New Aire 3545.  (I have a 12' height limitation to get under my house for storage.) They all rode down the highway about the same.  The Comfort Steer on the New Aire is very nice, as is the adaptive cruise control.  The big difference with the New Aire is the 60 degree wheel cut, which makes it very easy to maneuver in tight spots like gas stations, parking lots and even some campgrounds without having to drop the toad.  My big reason for moving from the 3343 to the 3545 was the 43 had a very narrow space to get back to the john with the slide outs closed, doable but tight.  The other was the power.  I was tired of pulling out onto the highway and waiting forever to get up to speed.  I clocked the 3343 on level ground pulling a Grand Cherokee at 0-60 in 73 seconds.  The 3545 does it in 32 seconds, still not a speed demon, but much more comfortable entering an expressway and I can actually pass a slow moving truck on a hill.  The 45 model also has almost 2 feet of open space going back to the john with the slides in.  Is it worth it?  That is something only you can answer.  For me it was.     

Thanks for the response , i believe i have got use to the smaller coach , and can easily get into gas stations etc. We also do a lot of boon docking at the local lakes. We pull a jeep gladiator and yes with a 360 horsepower it takes time to get going for sure. Going up hill , or getting behind slow truck cant pass. I have looked at the 2019 mountain aire 4550 this week and will take for a test ride. Also the 3543 and 3545 2020 newmar new air.Newmar really seams like a great company also.Really nice rigs.

27 minutes ago, Chrisk22 said:

I have looked at the 2019 mountain aire 4550 this week and will take for a test ride. Also the 3543 and 3545 2020 newmar new air.Newmar really seams like a great company also.Really nice rigs.

Who/what Newmar dealers are you talking to? I have a 08 Mountain Aire 4523.

Bill 

Lazydays in phoenix , they were called desertautoplex but Lazydays bought them out

8 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Bill 

Bill 

Bill 

Thanks Bill i sure will. The 2019 4550 i looked at is way discounted but has alot wrong with it. Stolen outside tv , doors in back warped from heat , main tv elevator etc.. Even the front seat fabrics have problems and needs new seats. I have already contacted National and will be going to see what they have. The other problem with buying from lazy days it will take them a year to get all fixed. Thank for the advice.--Chris