elkhartjim

Covid-19 Travel Restrictions Map

Jim S. Thank you.  Now, we got to figure out where to go after CO. Glacier Park in Montana is totally closed until 2021. Bummer!  

We leave for Mayo Clinic in Rochester Thursday, and I'm rather apprehensive about the trip. I always travel with a full fresh water tank and empty holding tanks, and we carry enough food for a week. I have planned RV parks for overnight stops  TA and PFJ for backup stops. We can only travel ~200 mi/day due to DW's back problem. Rochester just issued a mandatory mask order today.  Am I overthinking this??

Ray, I concur with Herman...when it comes to that part of the US, you can't overthink it, the change daily!

Our prayer to you both! 🙏

Thanks guys! If I have mechanical problems with our MH, my plan is to call ERS and once the MH is in a qualified repair shop  get an estimated repair completion date. If the date is over 2 days off, I'll load necessities into my Silverado pickup and continue to Mayo Clinic with DW. We can pickup the MH after her appts. are completed. The main flaw in this plan is motel availability in Rochester, I haven't investigated that yet.

You might call ahead and see about places to stay but with the reduction in travel I will bet there are places available. I bet you don't have any problems with your coach. I hope everything goes well for you and your wife.

Have a safe trip.

Bill

23 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You might call ahead and see about places to stay but with the reduction in travel I will bet there are places available. I bet you don't have any problems with your coach. I hope everything goes well for you and your wife.

Have a safe trip.

Bill

Well, I pulled the MH up to the house this morning and the outside steps do not retract. Drat, I'm reading the  Kwikee service training manual now

to find out the likely solution. It's not a show stopper though.

Edited by RayIN

I have found when we have that problem lubricant is needed at all points of movement or a little steel wool to clean the contacts in the door frame. 

Thanks for suggestions guys. All grounds are clean, with continuity. When I hold a magnet next to the door post sensor I hear the controller click(yes even with my poor hearing) all step breakers are good but according to that service training manual there may be a standard automotive fuse somewhere in the + wire from the batteries. Since the magnet closing causes the controller to click I assume there is power to the steps

. Since time is short(still loading, leave in the morning) I've decided to travel with the step extended, it is a series 28=one step, and has 8" ground clearance when extended, coach at ride-height.  I'll run the Kwikee electrical test procedures upon our return home 

Ross, the brass plunger contacts in the door and door frame power the remote door lock, has nothing connected to Kwikee steps; steps are lubed monthly per Kwikee manual; but thanks for your advice.

Ray,

Just a thought, check under the step. If I remember there is a inline fuse close to the drive motor. (don't be under the step when you check, thing that are not good can happen)

Herman

3 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Ray,

Just a thought, check under the step. If I remember there is a inline fuse close to the drive motor. (don't be under the step when you check, thing that are not good can happen)

Herman

Thanks Herman, I'll look after we get to the RV park in Rochester, I always carry a set of work clothes JIC. I suspected a hidden fuse somewhere, if I had time I'd check now. Gotta go, bye.

Ray, which Rochester RV park did you get into? I'm scheduled to go there Aug 3.

Ron

Edited by danorske

Ray, Turn your master service switch off. Pull gently on the step and see if it comes out. Either way, turn the master switch back on and see if it works. I don' know for sure the 2000 model will reset that way but it's worth the try.

Ron, I have a reservation at http://www.autumnwoodsrvpark.com/index.php

I had a little difficulty getting hold of someone, had to leave 2 phone messages. I don't make online reservations after a bad experience many years ago. The woman who returned my call said they normally have several Mayo Clinic patients staying there, and have a liberal policy for extending their stay. I'll be able to speak from experience by July 20.

Edited by RayIN

1 hour ago, wayne77590 said:

Ray, Turn your master service switch off. Pull gently on the step and see if it comes out. Either way, turn the master switch back on and see if it works. I don' know for sure the 2000 model will reset that way but it's worth the try.

I'll have to finish loading in the morning, I'm exhausted.

The step was extended when I installed new start batteries. I'm now suspecting shade-tree mechanic error might be involved, even though I took a picture of the wiring on the old batteries and put it back the same as the picture. Haven' had time to recheck my work this evening,-yet. Temperature has dropped, only 86° now. I'll go look at the wiring and cycle the disconnect switch now.

UPDATE: no joy Wayne, disconnect switch thing didn't help, step is stuck out. I can't crawl underneath right now, I was going to try moving the transfer crank with a  channel lock plier but MH is parked outside on crushed stone, my old bones can't take that these days. Battery wiring is correct, exactly the same as the picture before changing start batteries.

Edited by RayIN

17 hours ago, RayIN said:

Ron, I have a reservation at http://www.autumnwoodsrvpark.com/index.php

I had a little difficulty getting hold of someone, had to leave 2 phone messages. I don't make online reservations after a bad experience many years ago. The woman who returned my call said they normally have several Mayo Clinic patients staying there, and have a liberal policy for extending their stay. I'll be able to speak from experience by July 20.

Thanks for your reply. That is the one I was leaning to. I hope the best for your wife. many more happy trails

Hey, leave the south out of this.

Last comment for Ray.

Undo the linkage to the step motor. Let the step go in and bungee it instead of leaving it out when you travel, that is if your bones can take it. Put a blanket on the rocks.

In keeping with the tradition of staying on subject, I offer this.

Because of the COVID19 and travel restrictions depicted in the map of the OP, we decided prior to cancel our Summer trip. the link shows the areas we were going to as being high travel risks.

So there!

Edited by wayne77590