heacockrv

Advice for best GPS Service and RV Trip Routing

2 hours ago, HeacockRV said:

We are traveling in North GA and TN and need advice for a solid internet/gps service with accurate maps for travel. Recommendations appreciated. 

Welcome to the forum.

We have used CoPilot GPS. I still have the older version. They have a "newer" RV specific version out now. The great thing about this app is you can download the maps when you have Wifi so you don't have to rely on having a connection. 

Bill

Get a stand alone Garmin unit with lifetime maps and traffic alerts. There are a number of models to choose from so spend some time on the Garmin site reading. There are units that you can plug RV info into plus they can give low bridge warnings, toll roads, etc. No internet connection needed

I always tell people that a GPS should be used for amusement purposes only and should never, ever, be trusted 100%. I use mine mostly for exit guidance so I know whether to be ready to exit left or right.

I do trust  aircraft GPS 100% but they are just a straight line and not some twisty road

Ditto!  My DW loves the GPS & wants to let me know all the info she gets....I goggle point "B" in the morning, I already know where we are at.  She gets upset at me, she does not understand a photographic memory, I got it.  

Garmin to me is most useful for tunnels, low underpass and narrow, or weight limit bridges!   I also keep a Truckers Atlas...Lots of useful info. like truck stops for fuel & food.  

Garmin is a global leader in navigation system manufacturing, offering mapping and GPS systems for the maritime, aviation, automobile, and fitness industries. Garmin devices include information on sites of interest, RV parks, and other locations.

Edited by tom7020