elkhartjim

FMCA TCS Fuel Card

There is a rather lengthy thread about this from when I set mine up last year. Much more work to set up than it was worth. In the end, this is a pre-paid card which cannot be automatically refilled. Unless they've upgraded their procedures, putting money on the card is not easy and involves multiple steps.

I'd suggest the TSD card as a better option.

I set mine up about the same time and have never "funded" it because I wasn't traveling right then and didn't want money tied up. 

Yes the TSD card works great. I would hope FMCA migrates to a TSD type of card.

Bill

I have and use the TSD card but there was a poster on the Newmar Facebook page that specifically stated the TCS card had saved him thousands of dollars this year. Maybe he has used 2-300,000 gallons this year. 

Jim S.  Must be true, it was on FB ! LOL

We use TSD mostly.  Have used it 4 times in the 4,600+/- miles we put on  the coach since March 5.  Avg. savg per  fill up $135 !  I'll be taking on about 150 gal today!  We'll be at Schulenburg RV Park, until the 15th.

11 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I have and use the TSD card but there was a poster on the Newmar Facebook page that specifically stated the TCS card had saved him thousands of dollars this year. Maybe he has used 2-300,000 gallons this year. 

From what I see the discounts are pretty close to the same between the cards. They do vary with time and location. The discounts are not fixed. It is the method of payment that bothers me. 

Bill

Recently there was a thread on another forum and the bottom line was that Loves will be reducing there discount down to what the other retailers are giving.  For a while Loves was giving huge discounts.

1 hour ago, FIVE said:

Recently there was a thread on another forum and the bottom line was that Loves will be reducing there discount down to what the other retailers are giving.  For a while Loves was giving huge discounts.

Are you saying the Loves discount is going back to what it was a few months ago, which was very good?

Edited by elkhartjim

6 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

From what I see the discounts are pretty close to the same between the cards. They do vary with time and location. The discounts are not fixed. It is the method of payment that bothers me. 

Bill

Bill, where can you find what the TCS discount is?  I looked at the web site and it said it could be as much as xxx but the average was xx, with xx being considerably less than the as much as xxx.

I believe through the TCS app. I have the app on my phone and just looked at it. Apparently I never set it up. The background shows flags/pins depicting fuel pumps on a map. 

I think the savings have dropped  some as the price of diesel has gone down which is to be expected. Right now Love's, 200 Garden Acres Dr & IH-35W is $2.14 on the pump. (Gas Buddy) It is showing $1.989 on the EFS app. Back in 03/12 the price was $1.823. I don't remember what the pump price was. Still much better than the Good Sams discount.

When you get your TCS app set up let us know  what you find.:D

Bill

13 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

$1.899 Diesel.

I have found there are place with cheaper diesel but you can't get in and out. 

Yes I can remember pumping diesel in Cal a few years ago when it was over $5.25 a gal and that was the CHEAP stuff.:P

I am happy to have  an option.

Bill 

Love's used to give a 40 cent discount but just recently all Love stations have a standard EFS card discount of 16 cents.That's the difference between your $2.14 and $1.98 discount.  TA and Petro now have the better discounts with the EFS card through TSD Logistics.

I just received my Bucee's Credit Card and they give pump price less 20 cents per gallon til the first of next year and then it revert to 10 cents per gallon. So I will be using that when I can. Only draw back is that don't have truck or diesel only lane. You have to use the auto diesel dispenser which is slow. I haven't tried it to see if it cuts off at $100. Just got it an my coaches tank is full.

Side note, when I fill up the coach I will drop the air from the opposite side from the side I am filling on. I get 4 to 5 gallons more. that way.

Herman

I have no reason to get and/or use the TCS card when the TSD card have proven to be the best out there. I was only asking because the Facebook poster was so adamant about the FMCA card saving him thousands of dollars. Like Bill said, I would never get a card that you have to prepay up front...crazy. 

This subject is being bashed on other forums.

Richard summed it up real good on one of them. I feel this thread is going to drag on and on and on, and I'll probably be one of the contributors.

Bill, my philosophy is that any discount no matter how small is better than no discount at all. When I need or want fuel, I stop at the nearest truck stop and get it. I'm not a millionaire, nor even an inkling close to being one, but if the station doesn't have a discount and I pay $0.40 more per gallon for 100 gallons, I'm sure my pocketbook can come up with the extra $40. If not, I'll borrow from Earlene - she's money bags anyhow.

Looking at the TSD site there are some stations out there giving over $0.80 discount so I guess it all comes out with the wash and evens out if one can stop at those larger discount places the next time.

Edited by wayne77590

Yes any discount is better than nothing. The only time I have ever let my fuel get below 1/4 tank was heading home and I knew I had plenty to make it and I could fill up at my Kroger  where I had fuel points.:P Most of the time I fill at 1/2 tank.

Wayne, I don't want to be Carl, but check your math.:o 

Bill

Bill, check your eyesight. Hee hee!

Besides, Carl was Army and everyone knows they can't count past 4.😇

Edited by wayne77590

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

No they can make it to 5 if they count the big toe. When they are calculating their fuel savings.

See I am still on topic.:P

Bill

11 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Oops! Forgot! Let me add that I have the TSD EFS card also. Loves used to be 40 cents a gallon at most stations but recently went to 16 cents at all stations that are corporate owned.  The independent stations flying the Love's sign do not have to give discounts or adhere to Love's pricing.  Same for PFJ, etc. Some TA and Petro stations are giving over 80 cents discounts but I have no recall as to what the pump price was. Let me look it up.  The daily rates for the 10th are higher than Love's 16 cents at TA and Petro.

TSD sent out a daily rates link several months ago.

I have no clue why your picking on me?  Maybe you all forgot, this coach has a 200 gal. fuel tank!  At  7.27 mpg, you do the math!

Your right about Love's .16...Since we only use Truck Lanes, don't know about any non Corp Love's.  I did hear about the TSD EFS, being accepted at Stripe TS!  I pray that's true, we have one in Burnet and one in Lampasas!

Carl, go to the "Daily Rates" page and there is a list of fuel companies that have the TSD discount. Stripes is not one of them but that doesn't mean the page does not have to be updated either.

It is posts on the Newmar Facebook like the following that made me post the original question. Is anyone really seeing up to a dollar savings with the TCS card?

Ken Whitcomb Have the FMCA card and am very satisfied. Great support and excellent savings. Monthly email statements to keep track of your use and balance. Only add enough funds for my planned trip. Phone app shows recent purchases/savings and ongoing balance. App also shows participating stations. Saved as much as a $1/gallon on spring run home.