rcieslak67

RV Tires through FMCA Program

Looking to replace my RV tires under the FMCA replacement program. Does anyone know of an tire  dealer that carries RV tires in SE Michigan?

Below is the link on the tire program. 

https://www.fmca.com/rv-tires-discounts

I would call around to the larger truck tire dealers (not truck stop tire stores), ask them if they honor the FMCA program. They might have some deals currently outside the program that could provide a deeper discount, a few members have reported that scenario worked well for them. 

Michelin has a dealer locator, I would look at the brand you want that is on the FMCA tire program, go to their web page and seek out a dealer.

https://www.michelintruck.com/tools/dealer-locator/

rcieslak67 --

Ten months ago I purchased a new set of six Hankook AH37 tires for my coach through the FMCA Discount program with Hankook.  The price was ~$275 less PER TIRE than Michelin and Continental.  After ~5,000 miles of use, the Hankook tires have as good a ride as the OEM Michelin XZA2+ tires (which had premature side wall cracking). 

Per the Hankook website, there are several "truck / bus" Hankook dealers in southeast Michigane -->  https://www.hankooktire.com/us/services-tips/find-a-dealer/find-by-location.html

This is the link to Hankook's "catalog" of truck/bus tires filtered by 22.5" rims  --> https://www.hankooktire.com/us/truck-bus/tires/all-tires.html    You can filter the catalog for other rim sizes. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by fagnaml

Well, I tried both recommended location's for Hankook RV tires, Pomp's  and Meekhof and neither one deals with Hankook tires and these are the recommended dealers from Hankook.

They also do not get involved with the FMCA tire discount program. 

I had checked both FMCA and Escapees discount program, and found I could get better pricing from Discount Tires.  So shop your local tire dealers as well.

Ken

Most tire dealers do not deal with the larger RV tires, have to go to a commercial tire location. 

I'm disappointed at the FMCA Tire Discount Program as it seems to not work very well at all.

3 hours ago, rcieslak67 said:

Most tire dealers do not deal with the larger RV tires, have to go to a commercial tire location. 

I'm disappointed at the FMCA Tire Discount Program as it seems to not work very well at all.

Strange it worked well every time I have used it. 

Bill

Discount Tire is a very good place to purchase Tires. I use them on both my pick up and my SUV. I can guarantee if you show them the quote from FMCA's program they will match and sometime beat it. What I like about them is that you can get lifetime rotation and balance, plus road hazard protection. There quite a few locations that can serve you close you. As for Large Tires, they unfortunately don't have either the space nor equipment to handle the large tires.

There are many dealers that cater to Large trucks and RVs. Although they are good in a pinch truck stop shops would not be my first choice .

So my recommendation would be to get your quote(in writing) from the FMCA program and shop around. You may find a better deal or not.

Good luck,

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

I told Discount what I could get the tires for online and the sales person came back and beat the price by a few dollars.  The tires were not in stock and had to order from the warehouse.  I told them I did not want old production tires but fresh production.  He asked how old I would accept and told him 6 months maximum.  The tires were just over 3 months old by the DOT code.   This was the second occasion that I got Discount to match or beat other pricing.  Out west, I had to get new truck tires and had Big O (affiliated with NTB) and got them to drop the tire prices as well.  So it pays to shop the tires to your best deal.

Discount could not air the tires over 80 psig by corporate policy, so I used my compressor and aired them up to 110 psig before pulling off the lot.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

rcieslak67 --

You are correct that "retail" tire dealers are not in the business of providing large truck/bus/RV tires.   Retail tire dealers (Firestone, Goodyear, etc. for sedans, cross-overs, SUVs, etc.) very rarely sell commercial truck tires.    This is the link showing Hankook Commercial Truck Tire dealerships in southeast Michigan --> https://www.hankooktire.com/us/services-tips/find-a-dealer/find-by-location.html

Whichever tire brand you prefer, a new set of tires for your coach will most likely need to be purchased through a Commercial tire dealer, not a retail tire dealer.

I ended up at a Goodyear Commercial tire outlet and purchased replacement Goodyear 295 80R 22.5 G670 RV replacement's.  They were really decent people as I ended up only having to replace the tag ties. They measured the other 6 tires I have and they said I would be good for another 4-5000 miles.

Glad you got your tires. How old are the 6 tire they mesured? If they are ove 7 years old I would be looking at replacing them soon. If it were me I would have mounted the two new tires on the front and moved the 2 front ones to the tag.

Herman