eric@babin.com

CLASS A IN BAD SHAPE / WHAT TO DO? TRADE/SELL??

Some friends of mine have a 2004 Winnebago Vectra (40' Class A) that is in bad shape and they'd like to trade it in.  Although it runs, it does have a bad engine oil leak which will require total engine replacement according to mechanics. The coach also needs roof repair, leveler repair, dash lights are out, and A/C is struggling.... yes, it's in bad shape.  

Is there someone / or some business that buys RVs for parts?  Or would allow a trade in of this RV for a newer model?  

What do you do with an old dying RV?  Is there any way to get at least a little value out of it?

The RV is located in Texas near Austin, and is drivable.  

48 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Have your friend call Colaws Salvage in Carthage, MO. They purchase all types of totaled RVs.

417-548-2125

Herman 

Will do... thank you.

2 hours ago, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

Although it runs, it does have a bad engine oil leak which will require total engine replacement according to mechanics. The coach also needs roof repair, leveler repair, dash lights are out, and A/C is struggling.... yes, it's in bad shape.  

I think Jim has a good idea. I also think they need a real mecanic. 

Bill

There are steps that you need to look at. 1. find out what it is worth NADA RV com.  2. find a RV machinic that will go through the RV and let you know what the worst things are and what it cost to repair. To buy a new motorhome $$ the money you would pay to drive new may be a lot more than it would be to repair what you have. If you are set on up grading do your homework. Once you know what yours is worth then you will know how to make a deal on a new or newer motorhome get what you need!!! and then look at what you  want. After some home work done on your part you will be able to make a better educated and sensible decision on your part. As long as they are happy with what they buy or rebuild,  in the end it is up to them and what they want. Happy Roads