choodie1961

HWH 625 series computerized leveling system

Hello, we live in Arizona and we left on a trip on June 12th. We packed our stuff stored the jacks and took off. After driving about 6 hours on mostly freeways we pulled into an RV park for the night and went to level our coach and all that happens is the red light comes on and says the parking brake isn’t on...but the parking brake is set. Nothing else happens. We have a 2006 Newmar Mountain Aire and the system has always worked flawlessly. I’ve researched the internet till I’m almost crazy and can find nothing for our system. The slides work fine and someone told me that if the slides are working it can’t be the brake. I have called HWH on June 18th and was told I had to be on a 3 week callback list. I have called back to check and yes... I’m still on the list, however, today is July 16th! Has anyone had this problem? Is there anyway to reset this system? The red LED light on number 35 on the control box is lit? We’ve had it to Camping World and supposedly HWH won’t talk to them either. I’ve fixed several electrical things on this coach but I am truly at my wits end on this one. Any help would be truly appreciated

When I had this problem, I was told by HWH that there was an electrical problem. After tracing through the circuit starting at the brake sensor line, I found that the ground wire nut at the pump and control was 2 turns loose. Tightened it and all is well. 

Suggest that you trace power at the control and pump before doing much else. 

Edited by rossboyer

choodie1961.

Mine is a 2012 King Aire and I had a loos ground wire 2 weeks ago....everything on my HWH works!  Anytime you have an elect problem...look for ground first, we are a rolling earthquake and things that hardly ever happens at home, will haunt you in the coach!

On 7/17/2020 at 12:15 PM, rossboyer said:

When I had this problem, I was told by HWH that there was an electrical problem. After tracing through the circuit starting at the brake sensor line, I found that the ground wire nut at the pump and control was 2 turns loose. Tightened it and all is well. 

Can you give me a better description of where the ground wire nut is located? I can’t seem to locate it.

On the back of one of the two large power control relays on the pump. Might as well check all to be sure all are tight. Be careful to not short out with your wrenches. 

On 7/17/2020 at 12:15 PM, rossboyer said:

So I tightened that and no help, I've talked to 2 supposed HWH master techs and they keep telling me the ground that is from the parking brake is the problem but neither of them can tell me where the ground for the parking break is. I also can't find where the wiring starts or ends for the parking break. I've talked to the 2 "super" techs , Newmar and Spartan.

Not sure if they think I'm just some dumb girl that is helpless or what but I'm about to pull my hair out! We have found the bundle of white wires by the control box and pump and tightened those, we have taken the 12 pin plug off of the back of the control box and checked the #7 pin, no help, we have taken the touch pad off and checked all of that, no help.

I'm still on the "3 week" call list for HWH and it's now going on 10 weeks. Last time I called to check with them the girl on the phone hung up on me!!

Does anybody know if there is any way to bypass that ground or to run another ground wire from point A (the touch panel) to point b (the control box) to bypass that safety issue. I'm sure I won't try to pu the jacks down while we're moving. Lol.

Thanks

Do you have the complete electrical diagrams? If you do, I would think you can trace to find the grounds. Is your green light on before trying to level? If so HWH will probably you have an electrical problem. But you already know that. Where are you located? Maybe someone here on the forum knows of a good HWH installer in your area. If you are anywhere near Elkhart, Indiana, try STUART’s. They are located on Cr 6 at the northwest corner of the Elkhart Airport.  

51 minutes ago, rossboyer said:

Do you have the complete electrical diagrams? If you do, I would think you can trace to find the grounds. Is your green light on before trying to level? If so HWH will probably you have an electrical problem. But you already know that. Where are you located? Maybe someone here on the forum knows of a good HWH installer in your area. If you are anywhere near Elkhart, Indiana, try STUART’s. They are located on Cr 6 at the northwest corner of the Elkhart Airport.  

We’re in Arizona near Apache Junction. If anyone knows of a good HWH tech I would truly appreciate that info😁
Thanks for your all your input😎

Check with National Indoors RV Center in Phoenix. They have a great service center with good techs.

11280 N Solar Way

Surprise, AZ  85379

520-442-2500

Herman