Sign in to follow this  
jlapica

Water heater

I have a 2006 Monoco. My water heater worked fine last year. I had it winterized and when I took it out and dewinterized, the water heater now won't stay lit. It ignites, I hear it heating , there is warm water but not hot.  Then I check it and the dsi light is back on. I turn on all burners on the stove to bleed any air in lines, I run all hot water, still it won't stay lit. 

Help

JL,

Welcome to the Forum.

Check you burner tube for obstructions (dirt dobber's nest). This time of year is a good time to clean them.

Does it have an electric element and if so does it heat on electric?

Herman

Do you have a bypass on the water heater? If you do check to see that the valves are in the proper position. This is easy to overlook after winterizing. Hope this helps.

Make, model of heater is essential to receiving relevant help. If you go to Bryantrv.com you may download the water heater service manual for yours. They have flow-charts for troubleshooting.

The usual cause is a poor ground connection (somewhere),  which is universal to all makes/models. Atwood heaters have a control board with flat connectors, they, and the corresponding connector plug should be polished with a pencil eraser to re-make clean solid connections for the low-voltage current.

Edited by RayIN

On 7/22/2020 at 10:25 AM, frank.bergamo said:

Do you have a bypass on the water heater? If you do check to see that the valves are in the proper position. This is easy to overlook after winterizing. Hope this helps.

Yes I do. I have checked it, the water heater fills,  ignites on gas but shuts off and doesn't reignite 

The thermocouple is probably the culprit why the gas wont stay lit, that is what senses whether there is a flame or not. Cant understand why the electric element isn't working unless bad element, or under sediment. Thermocouple may not be positioned it the flame correctly.

Do RV water heaters have thermostats?   Wouldn't the problem have to be something common to both LP and electric heating?

Edited by UrbanHermit