msgtnobody

Bal Acco slide question

I replaced lower in cable for slide. Prior to removing cable I noticed some cables have more slack then others. I was wondering if that is normal and after replacing cable I took picture of slack. The slide is all the way out now and prior to putting trim back up want to know if I should tighting cable so all have tension??

20200718_095055_resized.jpg

20200718_095143_resized.jpg

20200718_095159_resized.jpg

What direction am I looking?  year & make of coach would help, along with # of slides!  If the others have the same amount of slack in the same place, I would leave them alone. 

I noticed this plastic block under slide after I opened it.  It seems to mount at bottom entrance where slide room enters rv. The bottom edge of slide has a slanted edge also.  The block glides the slide over the edge of opening.  Im going to try to reinstall it where it came off.

20200718_094621.jpg

1 hour ago, msgtnobody said:

I noticed this plastic block under slide after I opened it.  It seems to mount at bottom entrance where slide room enters rv. The bottom edge of slide has a slanted edge also.  The block glides the slide over the edge of opening.  Im going to try to reinstall it where it came off.

20200718_094621.jpg

The plastic block is mounted to allow the slide to easily move up and over the coach floor. With it not in place the possibility of damaging the slide hardware that moves the slide, with it missing the slide might not close; causing other issues.

Can you tell how it was fastened in place?

Rich.

It had to holes where it fastened to wood floor. I couldnt find the screws. I used new ones and put it back in. Slide closed but got hung on  something when I tried to reopen it. I got it opened and it caught a bolt. See picture.

15981260224672156099915769285370.jpg

159812609113610329588504700890.jpg

I bet it was with those ubikuis self drilling screws that the industry loves. I would just use a  good  metal screw, with a  little blue (removable) loctite  If you can get to the back I would use a machine screw and a nylock nut. Also I wouldn't operate the slide with it off if you can help it..

I think the bolts may be a separate issue.

Where in NY?

Bill

Edited by WILDEBILL308

I'm going to clean the area and do a close and open test. I want to try to find a sheet of plastic and patch the area. It seems the bottom of the slide is one big piece of plastic under the wood slide floor.

The pictures of the bolt/bottom of the slide look like water damage. I would  be looking for where it came in and i would think about drilling some 3/16 holes to let any water that got in to drain out.

Bill