IVORCC

Leveling Jack Pad & Springs

A tire in the road, which was in the middle of the lane and we rode with it between our wheels - however, it jumped around under our coach before getting away. On the way, it tore off the right rear Jack's foot pad and the two springs that retract the jack.

We're in Boise, ID at present and moving up to Coeur d'Alene/Spokane area - any advice where we can A) get replacement parts, and b) get a repair that that won't take 3 weeks/months to get done?

We have a 2003 Coachmen Cross Country Motorhome.

Have you told your insurance company?  Could be you need to replace the whole unit, that gets expensive!

You don't say what brand of leveling system you have, but if it's an HWH the company is headquartered in ID.  Maybe you could schedule an appointment there.If it's just the springs and foot pad it's not that difficult a job to replace them.

Don’t know where you are located, but STUART’S in Elkhart, Indiana can provide service. I have had them install HWH on three different motor homes. 574-262-0225 or 800-826-6267 or cstuart@rvleveling.com. Home page: http://www.rvleveling.com/

Edited by rossboyer

5 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Doc. Slight correction HWH is in Moscow Iowa not Idaho. But still an appointment must be made. They are booking a ways out as of now.

Herman

Picky, picky!  It's a state somewhere in the "middle" that starts with an "I"!  😄

8 hours ago, rossboyer said:

Don’t know where you are located, but STUART’S in Elkhart, Indiana can provide service. I have had them install HWH on three different motor homes. 574-262-0225 or 800-826-6267 or cstuart@rvleveling.com. Home page http://www.rvleveling.com 

From reports I've read they are quicker to respond than the factory.

BTW, link doesn't work, the .com is not in the hot link. Their website lists the jack foot and springs.

Edited by RayIN

I have tried to correct the link, and it works now.  You can type the link into you web browser. 

By the way, Chuck Stuart has been very responsive to phone calls and emails. I have been able to get complete install appointment within 3 days. A short service item that you need probably will be less than two hours. If you decide to go there, their location is near the northwest corner of the Elkhart airport. Just a little east on CR6. 

Edited by rossboyer

That didn't work either, I had to hand key into another browser, then open in that browser, then copy and paste the address from that browser into my post.