skykingtcb

Water fill issue

I don't know if I am retarded or what but my  City Water fills my fresh water then comes out overflow.  after 5 days on city water then all of sudden water coming out of vent overflow i think. I read manuel but don't understand this i guess the line says city/fresh water fill how does it know to fill or not fill fresh tank. ?

20200720_151232.jpg

Possibly two problems. The pump has a check valve to keep shoreline from backflowing. Also the city/fill valve may be leaking through to fresh water tank. The pump is probably the easiest to fix. A new head is about $20 and just screws on. The valve may have clamps on the lines that may be hard to remove and replace. 

Edited by rossboyer

I think Ross hit the main points. You could have a check valve  on the line from the tank to the pump to keep it from doing that. 

I had to smile when I saw your hookup to flush the black tank. My only concern would  be not enough preshure to be effective and using filtered water for that purpose. There are some germ phobic people who will be sanitizing their screen.:P

Let us know what you find out. 

Bill

I see your point on flush i will use city water unfiltered.

is the value and pump behind the panel in pic just wandering how to best access parts? any recommendation on where to buy the parts?

Look at the left inboard corner of the forward compartment. I can't see well enough to be shure. Get the part number and order it from Amazon. I have seen them at Walmart. 

Bill 

One easy thing that you can do is install a check valve between the water tank and the pump. That will solve your problem, till then fill your tank and shut the city water off and use your pump til you can install the check valve.

Keep you feet dry. 

Herman

Yup, your pump is located in the far let back corner. The valve is in the upper right corner and looks like you would have to remove that large,panel,to get to it.

i would also put in a vacuum breaker in that line to the black flush😝

Don't forget water pressure.  Always use a pressure regulator to keep water pressure below 40 psi.  

I don't know, it looks to me like you have the water inlet valve set to TANK FILL and not INTERIOR WATER.   That could explain the issue.  Look at the small arrow on the red handle.  I'm not sure, but I think it's on TANK FILL in this position.  Not labeled very well.

When you are in the tank fill position you have very little water pressure in the coach. When connected to shore or city water and your tank fills up your pumps check valve has been damaged, most likely from too high of pressure. You can replace the pumps check valve for a few bucks, but it will be damaged again with high pressure. The best way to prevent this is to install an inline check between the tank and the pump. You can get a check valve at one of the big box stores for less than ten bucks. 

The only problem you will have then would be if you leave the pump ON when hooked to city water. In a couple of days you will get air bubble in the line because your tank is empty and the pump is sucking air along with the city water. Don't ask how I know this.:wub:

Herman

My last 3 coaches has had an internal water pressure gauge, set at 60 psi, I use an external gauge set at 50 psi...never had a problem on high side.  Low park pressure of less than 40 psi and we have to use the fresh tank and pump for a shower!  

The black water tank will have no problem with 90 psi in regards to back flush!  When I lived on Galveston Island, city pressure was 120 psi and now, at Linda's house, it's 90!