Sign in to follow this  
dagun10

Sprint Mifi

Does anyone know what if anything is gonna happen with the Sprint mifi after Tmobil takes full control on Aug. 2? Will it continue as Sprint or will they be converted to Tmobil?

I heard all the Sprint signs on their stores will be replaced with T-Mobile signs on August 2nd.  The Sprint name will no longer be used.  I have no proof of that however.  Interesting times.  I wonder if the terms of the $50 unlimited FMCA plan will change?

I found the following FAQ page on T-Mobile's site: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/t-mobile-sprint-merger-faqs

According to this page everything will eventually evolve into the T-Mobile brand.  It also states there are no plans to change anyone's current rate plan and we have received no indication from our source that there will be any changes to the Tech Connect plan either.  If nothing else, we anticipate that over time things will get better - coverage, offers, etc.

i see that on Sprint/T-Mobile site that the 4gLTE Mifi is no longer available. if I sign up for the FMCA plan will I receive the 4g or 5g MIFI? also does anybody have experience with the 5G MIFI?

I see on the FMCA website FAQ for the Tech Connect plan, it does not include 5G.  Does that mean that with a 5G hotspot, you can only get 4G?

Thanks Herman!  I still have the old FMCA Verizon account with 25 gigs of high speed.  I think I'll cancel that and move to the new FMCA T-Mobile plan.