F439972

2007 National Sea Breeze Dead except Engine

Name is GARY. Have 2007 National Sea Breeze MH. Solar Panels work. Solar Converter works. 2000 Watt Inverter works and provides 120 volts throughout coach. Engine runs but won't start Generator. Slide-outs don't work so can't get to main electrical panel in bedroom. Jack don't work and shore power doesn't work even though I have 220 volts at end of my cord coming into MH. Have one 12 volt coach battery at 12.38 volt, ~1200 SG. When engine is on, I get 13.85 volt so I assume everything is connected properly. I know this battery is low but it starts the engine, runs the headlights, rear camera, but not the radio or any DC inside coach. Could the radio have a short that is causing all DC to stop working? Have 2000 watt inverter that provides 120 volts to all receptacles. It is powered from 4, 6 volt Golf Cart Batteries connected to Solar panels through Solar Converter. All of that system works perfectly & provides AC throughout coach. Everything worked perfectly last time we had it out 2 years ago. Spent last 3 months trying to track down the problem but not there yet. Any and all ideas would be welcomed. 

Edited by F439972
Added my name

Welcome to the discussion forums!  The jacks and genest usually obtain power from the starting battery bank. Since drive engine starts and runs OK it confirms that circuit is functioning.  It sounds as if there is a main fuse or breaker disrupting power to the jacks, slides and genset; possibly even a poor/missing ground connection. FWIW over 80% of all 12V issues are the result of a poor/missing ground. (somewhere)

What are the specifics for your MH? Model and diesel or gas helps. Are the jacks electric or hydraulic?

While on shore power and inverter off, check the voltage of the chassis batteries. I am guessing that the voltage will be low. While you may have enough available to start the engine, you may not have enough for the accessories. I would charge the chassis batteries with a separate battery charger until fully charged which may be a few hours or days. When fully charged, try your accessories. 

Edited by rossboyer

That is logical Ross, he said battery voltage is only 12.3VDC. Knowing the model will help, the Sea Breeze LX  uses either F53 chassis or Workhorse W22 chassis. The jacks are hyd., the motor requires at least 12.6V to operate. Battery cables must be clean and tight, liquid level correct.  Having the battery connected to an external charger may operate the slide, which will allow him to access the breaker panel. Otherwise he must extend the slide manually, as accessing the breaker panel is essential.

re: https://dreamfindersrv.com/Literature/2007-National-RV-Sea-Breeze-Brochure.pdf

Edited by RayIN