robertspangler

Hercules tires

Bought 6 new Hercules 295/80R/22.5 tires for Tiffin motor home.  Wondering if they sold me OTR truck tires.  The commercial dealer said to run them at maximum tire rated pressure but the ride was too hard and previous RV tires I have bought for previous motor homes (not Hercules) always used pressures inflated to a chart based on the heaviest wheel weight on that axle (usually get RV weighted at rallies but they were cancelled this year due to Covid).  Called company and left message but have not gotten any reply after more than a week.  Tried FMCA Discount Tire program but of the 3 listed companies in Grand Junction CO, 1 is not in existence here any more and the other 2 do not carry RV tires.  Anyone with experience with this size Hercules tire on their RV?

Yes. I have a set on my 04 Holiday rambler 38'. I had my coach weighed and run 98 pounds in the front and 90 pounds in the rear. Have had them for 2 years and have had no problems. Hercules does not build a rv tire in that size. Mine are OTR and no abnormal tire wear. They are very quite and the wander i had with the Hancooks is gone.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:10 PM, robertspangler said:

Bought 6 new Hercules 295/80R/22.5 tires for Tiffin motor home.  Wondering if they sold me OTR truck tires.  The commercial dealer said to run them at maximum tire rated pressure but the ride was too hard and previous RV tires I have bought for previous motor homes (not Hercules) always used pressures inflated to a chart based on the heaviest wheel weight on that axle (usually get RV weighted at rallies but they were cancelled this year due to Covid).  Called company and left message but have not gotten any reply after more than a week.  Tried FMCA Discount Tire program but of the 3 listed companies in Grand Junction CO, 1 is not in existence here any more and the other 2 do not carry RV tires.  Anyone with experience with this size Hercules tire on their RV?

Commercial tire dealer may not understand RVs.  Get on a CAT scale. Assume one axle end has 53% of the total axle load and use Load/Inflation tables to learn your Cold Inflation Pressure.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:03 PM, steelpony5555 said:

Have had Hercules on my Tiffin for 2 years now and probably 15-20k miles on them.  No problems up till now, one has a small bubble on it near the rim.   

Get the tire to a Herculese tire dealer and get it inspected. Tires should not have bubbles in sidewall.

1 hour ago, tireman9 said:

Get the tire to a Herculese tire dealer and get it inspected. Tires should not have bubbles in sidewall.

And drive very slowly getting there.

Three things to remember SAFETY, SAFETY, and SAFETY.

Herman