kilrya

Sprint Unlimited say 10gb limit

I ordered and received the sprint unlimited plan, however the MiFi telling me I only have 10gb. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my order?

Kilrya,

Welcome to the Forum.

To get the best answer to you question, you would need to call FMCA and ask for Membership & Marketing. The number is 513-474-3622.

And again Welcome,

Herman

What you are seeing is just the devices internal meter, you can fix that by following these steps.

Please use the following steps to navigate to the web portal on your hotspot and remove the data cap that’s displayed on the home screen of the device. This should also resolve the issue with the speeds that you are seeing as well since you are over the preset 10GB limit:

Factory Reset the device by going to “Menu”, and then select “Settings”. Under “Settings”, swipe the screen all the way up until you see the “Factory Reset” option. Select that, and then hit continue on the next page. This will fully reset the device and blow out the current data usage and memory of the device, which will return the speeds to normal.
Once the reset is complete, gather the new name and password on the device by tapping the “Wi-fi Name/Password” button on the home screen. You will then need to connect to the hotspot using a laptop or tablet.
Open up a web browser once connected (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Etc.)
Go to the following address: (Note: Refrain from entering .com or www. or http:// when entering this address as it will not open if you do. You can also just click the link in the email and it should open right up.) 192.168.1.1
Once you are logged into the web portal, look for the section that says “Data Usage”.
Click the arrow pointing to the right under the Data Usage section, and then type in the password when prompted (Password is the password that you use to connect to the unit over Wi-Fi, you can find this by tapping the WiFi Name/WiFI Password button on the home screen of the device on the right side.)
On the next screen you will see a section titled Maximum Data Limit. Click on the text box, and add 3 more zeros to the end, and then hit “Save Changes”. This should remove the data cap which should prevent any sort of throttling on the device.
Check the hotspot as it should now say “X.XX of 10000 GB remaining”. If you see that on the home screen of the device, the change was successful.

1 hour ago, copemark said:

Thanks, appleandrob, that's the answer!

Helped me too! 

Now on to the other hurtles I mentioned in another post.