jzeman17

Hydrohot leaking solution

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Bill, with your high end coach I'll wager that your basement is like mine and is heated.

The Aqua Hot Guru, Rudy Legett, said to run the Aqua Hot every 4 to 6 weeks and you only have to run it for one cycle.  Turn it on, let it build and when it shuts off you can turn it off.  That is the DIESEL side of it. It is to keep the nozzle from coagulating.  

The best way to check the coolant is with a refractometer (about $20 on Amazon), not strips. It is the recommended method in the Aqua Hot Manual

Only use propylene glycol as the antifreez. Best to buy it directly from Aqua-Hot.

Blah blah blah - manual is good read.

p.s, since you are running the Aqua Hot to satisfy the requirements, turn the thermostat to a temperature that will activate the heat exchangers.  This exercises those, at the register, and it exercises the pumps in the Aqua Hot. Only need to do it for a 1 minute or so.

Keep in mind not all Aquahots are created equal. Mine utilizes Ethylene glycol (traditional automotive antifreeze). 

4 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Bill, with your high end coach I'll wager that your basement is like mine and is heated.

What my poor old camper that is to old to get in some campgrounds. Yes it does manage to keep the basement toastey. I was down there when it was in the upper 30s ok it was 39 and opened a basement door and nice warm air came out. :P

Bill

3 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

What my poor old camper that is to old to get in some campgrounds. Yes it does manage to keep the basement toastey. I was down there when it was in the upper 30s ok it was 39 and opened a basement door and nice warm air came out. :P

Bill

Just be careful, Rodents love those heated basements. 

3 hours ago, jleamont said:

Just be careful, Rodents love those heated basements. 

Yes, I have provided snacks for them.

LOL made me think of the mouse I found in my old Bounder. I was seting up in ABQ and found him hiding in a sewer hose. Dumped him out and he ran across the gras to the scrub and sand around the park. I can see him meeting another mouse and saying "You aren't going to believe this but".:P

Bill

5 hours ago, jleamont said:

Keep in mind not all Aquahots are created equal. Mine utilizes Ethylene glycol (traditional automotive antifreeze). 

Older model. That is why it is so important to read the manual that applies to your particular application.  It was determined the Ethylene Glycal is very toxic, whereas polypropylene glycol is used in cosmetics with very low toxicity.  Ethylene can be used at very low temperatures, I guess that is why the state for my 400-D to not lower the basement thermostat to less than 40 degrees. .

Bill, do you have AH or Oasis?  There are several differences between the two...I have Oasis.  The 2010 American Tradition, had the 450-D Aqua Hot, so did the 2011 Allegro Bus!

Wayne, I'm surprised your 2015, only has the 400-D.

It's now Christmas for us!  I guess it will be tomorrow for you all...In any case, we wish you all a Blessed Christmas....The birth of Christ is the reason for the Season!!! 🙏🎅

It's Christmas Day and I'm to lazy after all the food last night to turn around in this comfortable computer chair and pull out the Spec Sheet. So there.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I don't care. :blink: You should. :P In this case, "Bigger is Better!" 😂

I too, over ate yesterday. Turkey, stuffing, spinach balls (Don't ask), mashed potatoes & gravy!  Today it's, ham, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli corn bread and sweet potato pie!  Mercy!!! 😂