ldoughtie

Engine Fan Motor 2007 Mandalay 40B

I have a 2007 Mandalay 40B, class A motor home that was manufactured on a Freightliner chassis by Four Winds. It has a 400 ISL Cummins diesel engine. The fan motor is leaking oil, when hot. The local Freightliner says the part, number DAF1212600200, is not available and neither is the alternate part number DAF121252590C. There is no projected date of availability. Help!!! What does one do in a situation like this? I realize the coach is older but still in very good condition with only 75,500 miles. Thanks tons and God bless.

I would try to find a hydraulic shop nearby, possibly they can rebuild or repair the hydraulic motor for you. I tried to cross reference the part for you but found none. Also check with salvage yards that might possibly have a good used one. How bad is the leak?

ldoughtie, Welcome to the forum. I would talk to a hydraulic shop like Kay said. I recall hearing there is a repair kit (seals) available.

Bill

We own a 2006 Mandalay 40E. Same Freightliner chassis. We replaced the hydraulic fan motor twice last year. (Don’t ask why...☹️) The part was available and not that expensive.

Find another dealer, or call Freightliner in Gaffney direct. 855-253-0421. Or Freightliner Help at 800-385-4357. I have found that support for motor homes in the Freightliner dealer network is a joke.

Edited by F430040

I looked at the one on ebay, thanks. However, I am trying to find a hydraulic shop and one person recommended tying Lucas Stop Leak. Has anyone has experience with this product? Seems to be very effective on power steering systems and even small engines???

5 hours ago, ldoughtie said:

Lucas Stop Leak

If it were a power steering system, OK. Given the amount of expensive components in that system I wouldn't put that into it. 

8 hours ago, ldoughtie said:

I looked at the one on ebay, thanks. However, I am trying to find a hydraulic shop and one person recommended tying Lucas Stop Leak. Has anyone has experience with this product? Seems to be very effective on power steering systems and even small engines???

There should be a series of numbers on the Fan Motor. Each on was custom made to the manufactures specifications. The fact that Freightliner has the part numbers and they are NLA. ASK if they have the setup specifications for the unit installed in your chassis. 

Sauer Danfoss was one supplier for the hydraulic cooling fan motors. The SGM3Y series and the SGM2Y. One of them did have some issues. These pumps where made in the EU 

To supply more in depth information I may need your personal email sent by a PM as FMCA has limited  or stopped the exchange of information in the PDF format, but many classic coaches  can be maintained. Many times it is like the dog chasing their tail. 

Rich,,

Replaced a fan motor on my 2007 Marquis from this place in the UK. Very reasonably priced and shipped to me in 5 or 6 days. Sauer Danfoss is now Dynamatic if my memory serves me correctly. Here’s there web site. https://www.whitehouseproductsltd.com/?aliaspath=%2fHome
Hope this helps.

Edited by frank.bergamo
Spell check

I checked the link offered by Frank and there are no pump charts or cross reference information.

Dealing with the UK limits the time windows with the time zones across the USA.

Should the Original Poster to this thread be able to pin down the OEM supplier, would be a big help.

This link is to Sauer Danfoss and they have a number of outlets in the USA, however ! if the OEM supplier is someone else it is of no help.

https://www.danfoss.com/en-us/contact-us/contacts-list/?filter=countryCode%3AUS%2Csegments%3ADCS

Rich.