TimeTraveler

Stainless Exhaust for nn Geneartor

Our 2005 Revolution 7500 quiet diesel generator is  bit noisy. Only way I see to quieten it is to replace the exhaust and muffler.

The options on the Onan site are limited and just plain steel, best I can tell. We've  had the Mh this long better get stainless If I can find it. 15 years old, and nothing might be avaolable at all in 5 more years. Any sources?

A muffler shop would be a place to start. There is nothing special about a muffler supplied by Onan other than a higher price. Take the measurements of the muffler and go shopping

22 hours ago, TimeTraveler said:

Our 2005 Revolution 7500 quiet diesel generator is  bit noisy. Only way I see to quieten it is to replace the exhaust and muffler.

The options on the Onan site are limited and just plain steel, best I can tell. We've  had the Mh this long better get stainless If I can find it. 15 years old, and nothing might be avaolable at all in 5 more years. Any sources?

Walker makes a muffler and spark catcher replacement. Stainless Steel tubing is available from custom tube supplier or 2, but on the high price end.

Rich.

!!  Never thought about a spark arrestor.  Wouldn't be a bad idea for gasoline generators, for sure.  All off-road motorcycles are fitted with them.  Don't know if a diesel is a spark risk.  No?

4 hours ago, UrbanHermit said:

Don't know if a diesel is a spark risk. 

They are and they are up fitted with them. Although I have never seen a stock diesel toss sparks from its exhaust, I guess it’s possible or theY exercised on the side of caution.

they are supposed to be cleaned as routine maintenance 

Edited by jleamont