a1kaching

Two 12V hot wires on both side of led light

I have a light the dash that tells me when my antenna is when I turn on the key.

On the back of the led light I have a yellow wire and a black wire both are 12V hot. 

On the roof I have a ground from the base of the antenna going to a normal closed magnetic contact on the antenna. Also there is a yellow wire coming out of the roof to the normal closed magnetic on the antenna that has is a hot 12V wire.

Now if I take the two wire from the closed magnetic on the antenna and touch  them the 7.5 fuse will blow and the light stays on. But the light will not work like it should when the antenna is up.

Trying to find out the troulbe I found the two hot 12V wires going to the led light.

Does anyone know why it would be like that ?

I would think the yellow hot wire is the one that is supposed to light the led on the switch or it’s been shorted at the antenna.

Also there to no connectivity between the light bulb terminals. But the light does work when the 7.5 fuse is not in for the tv/level lock out.

Very strange.

Your description sounds like the light is inline with the ground wire, which is/should be controlled by the switch (switches ground on/off) on the antenna. Since switch is not working as designed, the light is receiving voltage constantly.