Louise, 

Most all Chapters welcome guest. However some hold Rallies where the Parking is limited and their members have first choice. Some have a rally of some sort every month. I know of one chapter where all of the members live very close and they will hold dinner parties at each others homes plus 3 or 4 day rallies some where close or far away. Some will hold Rolling Rallies where they move from RV park to RV Park. Some hold only one rally each year either at one of the National Conventions or at their Area Rallies. Some chapters are so large that they don't like drop in's because of parking spots. 

So I guess the best answer toDo any chapters require sponsors to be able to join your chapter?" would be yes a few do but most don't.

Hope this helps.

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

I think the OP is asking if a current chapter member has to sponsor/invite a prospective new member before they can attend a chapter rally. If you look at the chapters listed in your area or area if interest there should be a contact person to ask specific questions about the chapter. 

Crusin Cajuns Chapter, requires a sponsor and you must attend 2 rallies a year!  The only one I know about.

Thanks Herman and Carl. Ross, I was hoping that there were more chapters participating in this forum but it looks like it would require me contacting the individual chapters to get specific answers, however Herman did provide me with the general answer I was looking for.

I am the Alternate National Director for the Military Veterans Chapter, MVC.  The MVC does not require sponsorship.  To be eligible to join the MVC the individual must meet one of the following: 

1. Be currently on active duty in the US military, National Guard, or Canadian Armed Forces.
  2. Honorable discharged or retired from one of the above.
  3. Be a widow or widower of a US military, National Guard, or Canadian Armed Forces member.
  4. Be a DoD employee who was embedded with our active military.
  5. Current FMCA member.  

Best regards,

Richard "Doc"

Looking for a Chapter in Northern California.  Cannot seem to find one through FCMA. We are in our 50’s, not retired, looking to do weekend getaways with other RVer’s.  Any recommendations? 

Bcusick60 welcome to FMCA. I am the Central VP of the western area and i am going to private message you a name and phone  number for the northern California area. If you have any questions, he can answer them. I am not aware of any chapter in the western area that require a sponsor to visit a chapter rally. 

Bcusick60, welcome.

I'm Past National Director in INTO and currently involved with The South Central Area.  There probably is chapters in some areas that require a sponsor or two, I only know of one and that is the Crusin Cajuns, I'm a member and their only open to coach owners.

HI- Is there a chapter up in Canada?  I'm East Coast- Nova Scotia- however WHEN the land border opens I am Eastern Seaboard USA for 50-66% of my time!  New FMCA Member a few months ago!

Thanks!

If you can go to FMCA.com look for chapters in the Northeast Area. Some may be in northern states but include adjacent provinces. If you were in Ontario, there are three chapters. 

B Helton,

Welcome to the Forum. Here is a place to start. Contact Gaye Young, she is the National Area Vice President for the Eastern Area. She can be reached at gyoung@fmca.com.

Gaye can direct you to a Chapter that may be just right for you.

Good luck and again Welcome,

Herman