GrannyAnnie

Water pump won’t shut off

We have a Keystone Carbon Toyhauler. When I turn on the water pump it doesn’t turn off. When water is running it is louder but it doesn’t shut off when you stop running water. Just continues to “hum”. Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, GrannyAnnie said:

We have a Keystone Carbon Toyhauler. When I turn on the water pump it doesn’t turn off. When water is running it is louder but it doesn’t shut off when you stop running water. Just continues to “hum”. Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

Sounds like the pump pressure switch is not working. There is no mention of a water leak 

That being the case you might need to replace the defective part, before the pump motor over heats. Just need to turn off the pump when water is not needed until the problem is resolved. A service kit is less expensive then an entire pump assembly.

Rich.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

My first thought is the pressure switch as well, but I'm a bit confused by the symptoms.

If you let it hum for a bit after the water tap is shut off, how long does it run? If only for a few minutes more, then it's just building pressure to the pre-set limit. If, however, it just keeps running and running and doesn't ever stop, then what happens the next time you turn on the tap? Does the water shoot out and appear to be under much more than usual pressure? If the pump did truly keep pumping I'd think that the pressure would rise above what's normally seen in the system and would be noticeable.

6 minutes ago, GrannyAnnie said:

Thanks for the help. The fill valve was still open. He closed it and problem stopped. Works perfectly. 😁

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

9 hours ago, GrannyAnnie said:

Thanks for the help. The fill valve was still open. He closed it and problem stopped. Works perfectly. 😁

Glad to hear you are all fixed up! Thank you for reporting back.