Sign in to follow this  
johntelling

Microwave door pops open.

We have a G.E. Profile Spacemaker in our 2005 Excursion. I works great, but the door pops open when we are travelling. I have secured it with a bungee, but am looking for a slightly more elegant fix. Has anyone had that same issue? How did you fix it? Thank!

If the latch is failing, there is a good chance the door is not sealing properly either. That means microwaves can be emitted outside the oven, which is dangerous for many reasons. I would have the microwave checked by a professional for leakage and have the latch replaced.

19 hours ago, johntelling said:

We have a G.E. Profile Spacemaker in our 2005 Excursion. I works great, but the door pops open when we are travelling. I have secured it with a bungee, but am looking for a slightly more elegant fix. Has anyone had that same issue? How did you fix it? Thank!

The latch mounting loosened up on our's. I was able to repair it and some of the plastic catches at the same time. Not a simple repair and not all latch systems work the same way.

50 plus years in the electronics, design, repair and production helps.

Rich.

Carl, with today's 3D printing capabilities, one can make a number of items. If you or someone you know in into Auto Cad software or a related field.

Rich.