Sign in to follow this  
txtiger

FMCA Annual Renewal

I just got an email that FMCA is offering a one year renewal for the reduced price of $50. You must renew online using the email. If you go to the FMCA Web site or renew on the phone you will be charged the full renewal price. Even tho my membership doesn’t expire till Feb 2021 I just renewed for another year at $50. Now I’m good till Feb 2022. 

FMCA offered that price back when it was first announced they are $700,000 out of pocket for the cancelled rallies. I renewed for 2021. If I get that email I'll renew for 2022 also;  hopefully the board can climb out of this mess in time.

I got my email about a month ago. I think it is a great idea, gives us a break, and an opportunity for FMCA to stay afloat (most importantly). Thank you FMCA officers!

2 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

I got my email about a month ago. I think it is a great idea, gives us a break, and an opportunity for FMCA to stay afloat (most importantly). Thank you FMCA officers!

That must have been the email, I got one some time back to renew for $50. 

Please keep in mind that dues are not recognized as income until the month of your renewal. Prepaid dues are held in the investment account until the month and year they are due. IE: If you renew May 2021 dues for another year, the prepaid dues for 2022 will not be recognized until the anniversary, May 2021. When I received this offer a few months ago, I added a year. I figured that my small investment of $50 would help earnings in FMCAs investments. 

I don’t know the exact amount, but I think of uncommitted funds it is less than 1 year of operating expense. The committed funds are for prepaid dues, outstanding loan, and vouchers for Tucson canceled convention.