raypesek

FMCA announces partnership with Forest River's motorized division

https://rvbusiness.com/fmca-rv-club-partners-with-dynamax-forest-river-motorized/

"FMCA, the world’s largest nonprofit association for RV owners, announced Monday (Aug. 24) that it has partnered with Dynamax and Forest River Motorized (Berkshire, Georgetown, FR3, Sunseeker and Forester) to help “enhance the RV lifestyle” for owners of these types of RVs. Dynamax and Forest River Motorized have always put customer service and quality first, and FMCA has strived to do the same.

“This partnership just makes sense,” FMCA CEO Chris Smith stated in a release. “Dynamax and Forest River Motorized are instrumental in helping folks realize the dream of RV ownership. Then FMCA takes it to the next level with the resources and opportunities we provide for our members.”

Through a special, discounted rate, new and existing owners of Dynamax and Forest River motorhomes — Berkshire, Georgetown, FR3, Sunseeker, and Forester — will have the opportunity to join thousands of other RV enthusiasts whose travel experiences have been enhanced by FMCA.

Those who take advantage of this offer to join FMCA will have the opportunity to enjoy camaraderie and friendships among RVers who share the common interest of travel, while receiving a wealth of benefits and services designed to meet the needs of RV owners. FMCA members have exclusive access to RV discount club savings, RV lifestyle resources, the monthly Family RVing magazine, RV rallies, education, and so much more.

“I’m thrilled to welcome Dynamax and Forest River Motorized owners to FMCA through this terrific partnership,” said FMCA national president Jon Walker. “I’m equally excited to show them all the different benefits, educational opportunities, and social connections available to them when they become a member of the best RV club in North America.”"

Need more information...

Are they getting the memberships for free with their rigs? Is the manufacturer paying? Or, is FMCA giving free trial memberships? How does this work? With the financial crunch in FMCA right now I'm afraid this is the first thing that came to mind.

Great to have an extra avenue for new members, for sure, so I hope that this turns into something which can create more long-term members. It's nice to see something like this is in the works, and hopefully it will in the end benefit everyone involved.

It sounds like somebody jumped the gun in making that press release. I threw the same note on the RV Life Forest River forum, where some FR employees are actively assigned to monitor and respond, and Brian Clemens from FR responded later in the thread: https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f4/fmca-announces-partnership-with-the-fr-motorized-divisions-215411.html

EDIT: Extraneous details deleted.

Ray

Edited by raypesek

I'm so happy for Brian??!  However I'm like Richard, what is FMCA's involvement?  "Partnership." is a multi meaning word.  Perhaps, EB can enlighten the Membership?

On 8/31/2020 at 10:47 AM, manholt said:

I'm so happy for Brian??!  However I'm like Richard, what is FMCA's involvement?  "Partnership." is a multi meaning word.  Perhaps, EB can enlighten the Membership?

Sorry Carl, but I found out about the "partnership" the same time everyone else did.

I'm not sure what was released in that press release other than Chris Smith's comment "This partnership just makes sense".  That appears to be how the FMCA gurus look at every decision they make. 

It doesn't surprise me but wouldn't it make sense if someone in the puzzle palace would simply state what or why this just makes sense means.

Edited by elkhartjim

Jim S.  When it comes from CS, I have found nothing that makes sense!  

Don, When your by-passed, things are out of control. :wacko:

Please explain to me why all Forest River owners weren't welcome before?  Why now are they only welcoming members with motorised RVs? 

I see as usual D Ball and crew are sitting on their thumbs and not engaged.

Bill

Edited by WILDEBILL308

I'm sure that they were welcome before, and this sounds like some kind of promotional deal to grease the wheels a bit for new purchasers of their branded rigs...

Agree that it would be nice if FMCA members were actually kept in the loop on things like this, considering that it's quite possible we're the ones paying for whatever it going to happen.

Got this on Face Book.

FMCA, the world's largest nonprofit association for RV owners, has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Keystone RV to help "enhance the RV lifestyle" for Keystone owners. Read the full press release here: http://bit.ly/FMCA-KeystoneRV

#rvindustry #rv #fmcaRV #camping #keystone #fmca

Bill

Thanks for that Bill, it sounds reasonable to me.Similar to us paying $50 for another year of membership, and others suggesting we give a free year of FMCA membership with the purchase of a new MH. Apparently we/FMCA are paying Chris to run/manage the organization, and he is hard at work.

Edited by RayIN

The article states that they will be offered a discounted rate to join. Maybe, I’m guessing, the same renewal rate I was offered, $50 for one year, rather than $75. Anything that can increase membership seems like a good idea. Thousands of $50 members is better than only hundreds of $75 members. Maybe next FMCA can make the same offer to Newmar, Tiffin, Entegra and Winnebago owners? 

Why Dynamax and Forest River Motorized?  In our travels we see very few of those makes/models.  Many more from Newmar, REV, Tiffin and maybe Winnebago.

2 hours ago, FIVE said:

Why Dynamax and Forest River Motorized?  In our travels we see very few of those makes/models.  Many more from Newmar, REV, Tiffin and maybe Winnebago.

OTOH; why not??

About 20 year's over due!  GS did that in the late 1960's...don't know if they still do.  FMCA gave me a year free, in 1967...used to be, you had to enter make, model & year of coach in order to be a member!  

FMCA has been doing this for at least 21 years. It isn’t a new offering just new manufacturer. The problem is that too many manufacturers don’t see it as a plus to their operations. Very few dealers do either. 

On 9/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, five said:

You must jest? Forest River is the leader in the industry and without exact statistics, I would guess the largest single manufacturer out there...

No jest....I was thinking Class A diesels....since that used to be the main coach in FMCA.  Forest River is not in the top five....Tiffin, Newmar, REV (Fleetwood), Thor and Jayco (Entegra).