TimeTraveler

Wanted! Maintence Free Gel Celle tc For T105 Good Price

I don't need cutting edge SIo2or other expensive technology. What i want is a direct replacement in size for the 6vlt T105 in a Maintence Free, probably Gell Cell Battery..

Trojan makes one but no one advertises stocking it nor...price.T1105 is  ubiquitous in the RVng and Golf Community. f people stocked the Trojan Gell Cell or other at a good price they would sell a lot of them, IMO.In cars the Maintenance  Free Battery has been the standard forsme time. Prices on those 12 volt Gell Cells are nto a lot higher than lead acid...but in 6volt deep cycle they are  preposterous .

If a Battery Dealer would show up at Rallies with T105 Replacement in a Maintenance free Gell Cell at a god pricea lot of peopel would be exiting the T105 and the corrosion and constant rewatering.

Anyone know of a Dealer along I40 or elsewhere that stocks such batteries? One CW in Oklahoma City near Edmon had four maintenance fee, green in color, but brand not remembered  Maintence Free Deep Cycle batteries to replace the T105 for a bit over 700.00. I dint recognize the brand and had other priorities at the time. Trojan and others are  missing a lot of men, that they would make if the had a truck and crew at Rallies I think.

My how perspectives and expectations vary. Everything is priced in the stratosphere these days not just batteries. If you are on the road and not at home base they smell you coming and you pay full retail. There is always a price to be paid for convenience, ie no out put of labor to do service, like sitting in a rockin chair. It took me 15 minutes to water all 6 of my house 6 volt batteries the other day. Not bad since I had not looked at them since the middle of MAY. That said spending 45 minutes a year on them seems pretty inexpensive. In that time, I hose them off, blow dry them and  water them. I am not so sure that it is a gel cell you want anyway. Crown 260s and Trojan 105s will last 10 years if properly cared for and properly charged. That is not to bad for a $ 176 battery.

I don't need them at the moment. When opportunity arises I will replace them though. Corrosion and rewatering them every two or three weeks are my concern. The load center was looked at by a Technician and the batteries are being properly charged. They are 8 years old but still good shape rarely getting used.I need to deep discharge them a few times. They were nearly dry once last year,at a  place we stored the Mh for a couple of months.If I  find a place selling such batteries at a good price on the way home along I40 I may replace them now given that few Dealers seem to. If I find them on the net and have them shipped the shipping cost is huge plus getting someone who didn't sell them to put them. They are difficult to install as they are not on a slide out tray and if not for the watering system I would have a very hard time with syringe and a flashlight. I'm no longer physically able to wrestle with 70 lb batteries, sitting on the ground.

TT, do you have enough room to put in a battery tray. If so that would help you a great deal.

Hope you find a good deal on batteries and someone to install them.

Herman

Edited by hermanmullins

See if there is a commercial battery supplier in your area, not an RV or boat dealer. Around here I get mine at SBS (Storage Battery Systems) and they are able to get as good a price as anywhere else. The Trojan site has a dealer locator, so maybe you can find a dealer in your area that is willing to work with you on price as well.