jhofeditz

Battery

Gel batteries  are the  best however, they are very very expensive .   I have a Entegra Aspire and needed to replace the batteries. There were 4 batteries , two 6 volts in series to get 12 volts and  each set of two 6 volts batteries in pararllel.

Sam's club has 6 volt Golf cart Batteries that are the same (amp hours) as what batteries came with the coach when I purchase it new . 

They are  $89.00/battery (See below) Have them in my coach now and has been  over two years and no problems. 

Would not suggest  replacing 6 volt with 12 volt batteries ^ 6 volt batteries in series will give you more amp hours of service. Thats the  main reason 6 volt batteries, in series,  are used in golf carts. 

Take care ,

Howard 

Duracell Golf Car Battery - Group Size GC2
by Duracell|
Item # 347700  Model # GC2|

Stick with 6 volters as there is more available power. Buy cheap cheap batteries you get what you pay for. I like wet cells and suggest Crown 260s first and Trojan 105s second but it is a toss up. Crowns will last ten years. Many want out of that 45 minute annual expense. 

The number of batteries depends on the type camping you do.  We have friends that went from four 6v batteries to two 12v AGMs.  They do not dry camp, and have had no problems.  AGMs are expensive....but you get what you pay for.

I agree with FIVE. We do not dry camp, since the MH came with 3, 12V house batteries we stay with that design. We do overnight at PFJ or WalMart infrequently, and the Duracell 3, 12V, 100 amp/hr batteries @ $99 ea. at Sams Club last overnight, including making coffee next morning via the inverter.

If you do a lot of dry camping stay with the 6V batteries of your choice.

Edited by RayIN

As an alternative, I suggest you research Lithium batteries... most expensive battery of all, but features, long life, 10 year warranty, quick recharge, and up to 90% DOD work very well, especially if you do much dry camping or boondocking. Check out Battle Born, GreenLife, and LifeBlue, to name a few...

I forgot to say, when changing battery voltage types, you must figure in the cost of new/different cables too.