Sign in to follow this  
robh

RVA three point hydraulic leveling system

We have a 2000 Patriot Thunder, does anyone know where the hydraulic fluid reservoir for leveling system is located? Also would appreciate information on recommend fluid.

I believe it is located under the entry way steps. The same fluid reservoir is also used for the front slide if your coach has one. Any Dextron ATF fluid will work for topping off reservoir. Hope this helps.

Robh,

If your Jack's are HWH us automatic transmission fluid. Try looking under your top entry step. If you have a tray under the step, pullout the tray and remove the container. If that is what you have you should find your pump and resiouervor. Or raise your coach and look under the step assemble. 

Herman 

Herman, Title identified It was the  "RVA"  type. 

I have an SMC Panther and the pump reservoir unit is back by the batteries, rt rear. I do know on a Marqis the manifolds are up front behind the cap so it makes total sense that the pump and res are located close by, as in under the steps as suggested and yes it also powers the main slide. Look up from under the coach and look for something that says J II which is stenciled on the bottom of the reservoir. Goo luck

If you don’t find the tank under the step as previously suggested, try this location. I believe that the Thunder used a Magnum chassis. While my 1999 Magnum chassis was not a Thunder, my tank for the levelers was on the passenger side between the engine and the last storage bin. I will say the fill port was on top of the tank which created great difficulty getting the fluid into the tank. 

Commenting on Ross's fill note. The auto supply stores now carry a filler tube assembly that fits both standard quart and gallon jugs with a clear tube neck and a twist on off valve that makes this filling chore much easier.  Yes they were built on a Magnum Chassis.  

1 hour ago, Robh said:

We have a 2000 Patriot Thunder, does anyone know where the hydraulic fluid reservoir for leveling system is located? Also would appreciate information on recommend fluid.

We have EXACTLY the same coach.  The reservoir for the RVA system is combined with the pump housing.  You can access it easily by removing the "towel dispenser" in the rear passenger-side bay.  Take the dispenser out and the filler for the reservoir will be in front of you.  I use a drill-powered pump to get fluid into the reservoir without making a mess.  Don't forget to raise all jacks and then lower one about 6" before filling.

1 hour ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

Commenting on Ross's fill note. The auto supply stores now carry a filler tube assembly that fits both standard quart and gallon jugs with a clear tube neck and a twist on off valve that makes this filling chore much easier.  Yes they were built on a Magnum Chassis.  

Except on mine, you could not get any container above the tank. I had to use a bulb filler similar to a turkey baster with a small plastic tube on the end, so I could bend it into the fill opening. 

My unit was ordered with the center door. I have looked all around the front side and am not finding it. All info I find points to stair well also. Thanks for the response!