In preparation for beginning a full-time adventure with my family, I recently signed up for Tech Connect+ and received our Inseego MiFi 8000 hotspot. It seems to be working just fine. However for reliability for work, I require redundant internet connections. I will likely be signing up for a Verizon or AT&T hotspot as well.

To make it easier for my family to use, I would like to use one router for both 4G accounts. Is it possible to transfer the Sprint/T-Mobile SIM card from the Inseego MiFi 8000 to a more robust cellular router, or am I limited to using the hotspot?

Thanks,
Ron

michiganron

Welcome to the Forum. To get a better understanding of FMCA's Verizon and/or Sprint Connect try calling FMCA and ask for tech support. They will be able to answer you router question.

513-474-3622

Again Welcome.

Herman

Tp-link makes a very good load balancing multi wan router, very inexpensive, and is capable of combining up to 4 incoming wan's (internet providers). https://www.amazon.com/SafeStream-TL-R600VPN-Broadband-throughput-Concurrent/dp/B007B60SCG/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi6L1npfd6wIVCr3ACh0JpgJHEAAYASAAEgL-DPD_BwE&hvadid=232554843091&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9012455&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10510855631575181003&hvtargid=kwd-360969681247&hydadcr=18040_9812732&keywords=tp+link+load+balancing+router&qid=1599692586&sr=8-2&tag=googhydr-20 You can find instructions in the router literature, or on youtube. And if you still need help, you can PM me. There are other brands available, but I have very good luck with these and they are less expensive than most. The key is load balancing, multi wan.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, kaypsmith said:

Tp-link makes a very good load balancing multi wan router, very inexpensive

There are lots of load balancing routers on the market.  Spend some time and find one that fits your budget.  Currently, I use three cellular connections plus a park wifi in a load balancing router.  Even though load balancing doesn't increase the absolute speed of your connection, it does act as if there are parallel "pipes" going to the internet from your device.  The bottom line is that more data (think "water") can flow if there are more pipes going in the same direction.

One thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to take the SIM and put it in a new modem/router.  In many cases you can tether your existing hotspot via USB and achieve essentially the same result.

Edited by docj