fagnaml

First Ever Rally Recommendation

Yet another "victim" of the Covid-19 pandemic is the LSU football season for ticket holders.   This fall, Tiger Stadium attendance will be limited to 20-25% of normal capacity.  Additionally, only one of four RV lots will be open and that one lot will also be limited to 20-25% capacity.   And with all things Covid, the football season could be halted on a moment's notice.  As such, my family and I made the sad and difficult decision to "opt out" of our season tickets this year and roll monies already paid to 2021 season tickets.  

Trying to put a positive spin on this crappy situation, without long weekend adventures to Baton Rouge this fall, the wife and I will have time to attend a "first ever" rally somewhere in a 300 mile'ish radius of Houston -- presuming of course that rallies this fall have also NOT succumbed to Covid-19.   The 300 mile radius of Houston is because with full time careers taking a week away for a long drive to a rally likely wouldn't happen.

What would the forum suggest as a first ever rally to attend sometime this fall?   Which Chapter would host that rally?  Would my wife and I from an age perspective (we both just turned the big 60) fit-in well with the age demographics of a rally group?

Your thoughts please!   Thanks!

Yes it is to bad about this year. Just a thought, there will be a Rally at Buckhorn RV resort -Kerrville Tex. Dec. 3-5. Put on by The Lonestar Chapter. There will be one September 24 - 26, 2020  at  Choctaw KOA - Durant, OK Put on by The Lonestar Chapter.  Same place   November 12 - 15 by The Red River Rovers. Note we were there in June and it is a great campground. 

I am shure there will be more suggestions. Ask Carl about the Cruisin Cajuns (I think that is there name)

Bill

I just got word today that the Cruisin Cajuns have cancelled  all their Rallies through the end of the year. They are a great Chapter with lots of fun, Food and Dancing at their Rallies.

Maybe Louiseg will chime in with their schedule for 2021.

Herman