rsbilledwards

Beaver Marquis

I am looking for help regarding S cam disc Air brakes on the early Beaver Marquis. I would like to know what years is was used. I am considering a conversion on a 1999 Magnum Chassisied Panther. I need just a bit of insight and the degree of effiency of the system. 

Edited by RSBILLEDWARDS

Bill, what do you have now and do you have photos of your current set up?
Our coach has all S-Cam brakes on the 4 corners. My only complaint is they are single fixed anchor pin, not preferred but they work great. 
I installed 8.62” wide shoes on the rear and 6” wide on the steer axle up from 7” on the rear and 5” on the steer. There is a good chance the Spider mounting is ok to mount the S-cam spider assembly. 

Joe,   The 99 Beaver Marquis had air driven S cam disc brakes on it and it and it looks like a good conversion.  Our Magnum chassisied Panther has hydraulic over hydraulics on it and are at the best of times marginal, or barely adequate. I was hoping someone might see this so I could find out whether or not the braking was really good or not and if the change would be worth the effort. In any event it would be interesting but then I think like a young guy and but the mussel tone says otherwise.  Our coach has the 8 airbag air suspension so has the compressor on the side of the C12 to support the conversion.

Edited by RSBILLEDWARDS

Bill, it sounds like a great idea. I had no idea that was the braking system on such a large coach. Let me know if you need photos, I’ll crawl around ours and snap some. Ours being a 8 bag coach in the same era might be useful.