rossboyer

TV Streaming Devices

I am interested in adding a TV Streaming Device to our TV. I have an unlimited internet account/provider. 
1) Which device do you use?

2) How is it connected to the TV?

3) Can you use any streaming service with your device? If so which ones are you using and why?

We have 2 different methods. we have a Toshiba Smart TV with all the apps like Hulu, You tube, etc. We also use Apple TV which connects via HDMI to the TV.

Apple TV also allows you to stream pictures and videos (Mirroring) your phone, tablet or computer.  Of course having all Apple products makes it a lot easier. WiFi is mot necessary to stream from devices using Apple TV.  Apple TV is my preferred method when satellite is down.

On 9/19/2020 at 7:53 AM, rossboyer said:

I am interested in adding a TV Streaming Device to our TV. I have an unlimited internet account/provider. 
1) Which device do you use?

2) How is it connected to the TV?

3) Can you use any streaming service with your device? If so which ones are you using and why?

We have AT&T TV which uses the internet to stream pretty much the same channel lineup that is offered by AT&T DirecTV. The small box you get from AT&T TV can connect to your hotspot wireless or with a wire. Also, you get an app on your smartphone that you can use to watch AT&T TV on the phone or by connecting the phone to a tv. On my iPhone 8 +, I use a HDMI adapter cable to connect the phone to the TV and essentially the iphone APP becomes the TV tuner.

Just get yourself an Amazon Fire Stick. Inexpensive, Very easy to use, just plug into the HCMI port on your TV, connect to your Wifi , and away you go.

51W5ps04edL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

51OX6g79MtL._AC_SL1000_.jpg